LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
Joined
·
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those people that have purchased the Mobil 1 Oil Cap and Placard from the Corvette, where have you mounted the placard? I want to make it look "official" before I go in for my first oil change on Friday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
I put mine front & center. I think it looks pretty good. :thumbs:
 

·
Oh my f*ck!
Joined
·
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call me stupid but what do you mean, emissions cap?

I know they're not stickers - I have mine already. Just want to make it look like it belongs there rather than that it was something I attached as an afterthought.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,773 Posts
Mine is on the shroud in front of the pass side valve cover next to emission sticker ( tune up sticker)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
phobos512 said:
For those people that have purchased the Mobil 1 Oil Cap and Placard from the Corvette, where have you mounted the placard? I want to make it look "official" before I go in for my first oil change on Friday.
Hey, Phobos512:

I hope I'm not too late to advise you on positioning that Mobil 1 "heavy duty metallic plate with adhesive" (hereinafter referred to as "plate") before you leave for today's oil change.

There are only two acceptable placements--

(1) If you're the owner, wherever you darn well please.

(2) If I'm the owner, it belongs on the passenger side of the fan shroud. The top edge of the plate should be even with the top edge of the black "Vehicle Emissions Control Information" sticker; and the right edge of the plate should be even with the right edge of the yellow "Caution Keep Hands Away" sticker above it.

That's all.

:thumbs:
 

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
Joined
·
14,481 Posts
is there a 10 w 30 Mobile 1 set available? I never will have her out in the winter..
 

·
Oh my f*ck!
Joined
·
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sxty8goats said:
is there a 10 w 30 Mobile 1 set available? I never will have her out in the winter..
I think the guy to ask would be that HRJ parts guy with the "Whassup y'all" thread...I bet not tho because aren't all the cars factory with 5w30 these days? The parts are just the ones from the Corvette.
 

·
Oh my f*ck!
Joined
·
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got impatient and put it dead center like Walker did. I was thinking, well maybe it goes here but that just doesn't "look" right to me...Ah well...I've got the only GTO in the area and will be the first one they do service on so it won't matter. If they ask I'll tell them I put that there and it's because I plan to use Mobil 1 so use Mobil 1 dammit. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
sxty8goats said:
is there a 10 w 30 Mobile 1 set available? I never will have her out in the winter..
I assumed that there wasn't, so I went ahead and got the "5w30" set. My Goat lives in Phoenix, so it's gonna use 10w30 year-round. Anybody modified their cap and "heavy duty metallic plate with adhesive"?

:huh:
 

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
Joined
·
14,481 Posts
phobos512 said:
I think the guy to ask would be that HRJ parts guy with the "Whassup y'all" thread...I bet not tho because aren't all the cars factory with 5w30 these days? The parts are just the ones from the Corvette.
The Neon SVT uses a 10 w 30 Mobile 1 cap but it does not fit the goat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
phobos512 said:
I think the guy to ask would be that HRJ parts guy with the "Whassup y'all" thread...I bet not tho because aren't all the cars factory with 5w30 these days? The parts are just the ones from the Corvette.
You would win the prize Phobos, only 5W30 plates and caps were made for the Corvette.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
phobos512 said:
I didn't realize we were playing the "Stump HRJ" game. :)
I didn't realize that I was pissin' in your Cherrios....Point made. :rolleyes:
 

·
Oh my f*ck!
Joined
·
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HRJ said:
I didn't realize that I was pissin' in your Cherrios....Point made. :rolleyes:
Now see, I was just making a joke based on your prize winning comment. I didn't mean to offend. Hence the smily. My bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,016 Posts
phobos512 said:
Now see, I was just making a joke based on your prize winning comment. I didn't mean to offend. Hence the smily. My bad.
Not your bad...I was just yankin' your chain, too! :gr_jest:
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top