LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I use a small PC. Cheaper and more flexible (scan tool and war driving) than a dedicated Nav and bigger screen. Bart's installation is sweet, though.

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
miamio said:
I believe it was a Delphi unit he bought at circuit city or best buy.
Yup, it's mine. The Delphi and Navman units are identical and with the free upgrade software the offer it is a great unit. (The upgrade software they mail you later has new features for the unit that make it a must.) This unit is on sale at Frys right now for $499 and that is about the cheapest I've ever seen for a high end, full featured, navigation system. It uses SD cards and I can fit a heck of a lot of the country on one 512mb card and the included 64mb in the unit. It does everything you could possibly want a navigation unit to do. I took mine apart and painted it black before recessing it into the lower console area. It's hard wired to key on/key off and I put an external antenna under the center plastic dash cap at the top of the console center stack. I could not get along without this unit now, I use it every day!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Delphi system

Tell us more about the system, does it talk? touch screen? what did you paint? it fits sooo nice, liioks factory!
Nice ride!!!

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
I took it apart and painted the magnesium shell only. It does talk, male or female. No touch screen and it isn't needed. (I hate thumbed up screens anyway.) You can read all about it if you Google for Delphi navigation or http://www.navman.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts