LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday this red celica with TRD and High Power stickers starts teasin' me. A bit later we end up at a red light. Get the green and we take off. I hear him winding the thing out but the sound keeps getting softer. Oh yeah, he fell back really quick, figure a 2:1 ratio for GTO vs TRD acceleration. Funny thing is at the next light he tries AGAIN. Same result.

The car did sound like it was modded but maybe he was just thrashing it. I dont doubt that his car is fast against stock celicas, but he needs to do some homework.

I got caught in traffic after that and he took an open lane and sped by, just to make himself feel better I guess.

The GTO is definitely going to cause a rise in import aftermarket sales for particular areas, LOL.

_DM

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Celicas are slow, period. The high-end GT-S has only 180hp from a four-banger. I don't know what the TRD ones come with, but I'd wager it's mostly just light suspension mods, stickers, maybe a freer exhaust and intake. But who knows.

I watched that dorky "Hi-Rev Tuners" show on TNN one weekend and they had two MODDED Toyota Celicas, which they proceeded to take to the track and run a blistering mid 16 second pass with each...and those were their best times of the day.

Sometimes I wonder why ricers even try...good job putting him in his place :thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts