·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... but still gets owned anyway.

IF (ADD version == TRUE) {
see_above(); }

ELSE {

What can I say, I just couldnt resist getting outside for a cruise. The bright sunny day with temps in the low 70's and the leaves turning was just too irresistable to stay inside and do work. Getting some coffee from the local convenience store, I decide to make one of my usual cruising laps around the area to enjoy the scenery, (mostly) MMOB. That is, until I started seeing a parade of vehicles going the other way that got my attention.

First, 3 sportbikes, followed by a couple of ricers a few minutes later, followed by a pimped out lexus.

must.... resist.... the u-turn....

who am I kidding?

Definately not MMOB anymore, I begin the hunt for some action. About 20 minutes into the cruise right when I'm about to give up, I spot a red MR2 jamming along. I let him pass so I can check out the car and see what's up.

Hmmm... relatively clean, tint, and only a few stickers from companies that make REAL go-fast mods for the MR2 plus its a turbo version! I contemplated for a moment, then said "what the hell". I got his attention by waiting for him to get boxed in the left lane (by 2 cars going below the speed limit, of course) and get a reasonable flyby letting the surge valve go off right as I pass him.

Yeah, it was a ricer move, but it got him hook, line, and sinker!! :turbonaug

He decides to start a minor weave and comes up HARD, riding my butt as we go around a sweeping turn. I decided on Tom Sawyer over Back in Black since that CD was already queued. On clearning the turn, I flick the intercooler sprayer on and drop down a gear to hammer it. To my suprise, he hangs pretty well until im spooled up and in the upper 3rd of the RPM band, and then depsite the draft he begins to fall back.

I gave him a thumbs up as he flew by, and decided to fall in behind. Now its his turn to try the shake and bake. Move for move, I hang with him at about 3/4 throttle until traffic brings our jam session to a halt.

We exhange thumbs up and part our separate ways.

I was very impressed with that MR2. He definatley put in some wrench time because I've woofed stock MR2's when I was on the stock turbo stage 2. The fact that I had to get so deep in the throttle tells me that was probably a low 13 or high 12 car at the track.
}

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! yep, ive done some coding in my day. It was a fun kill i will say. I could be believe how FEW performance cars were out cruising given the great day it was for the weather. The few I did see always seemed to be going the other way, so I took what I could get.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Shake and bake . . . Nice kill Philly!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts