LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, met up with the locals last night for some racing. A buddy just got done doing a few things to his T-Type and now is running 23lbs boost with a new controller and some BFG drags on Welds. We had run before but that was when he was slower and I didn't have the cam We ran twice and both times he got me out of the hole but by the middle of 2nd he was reeled in and I was running right by . . .

After the race he asks if I did heads as well because I ran by him pretty fast . . . I told him no - He's like you did heads . . . I'm like no - not yet anyways :drink:

The next race was not planned for me because this guys been wanting to run DBlue. He's got a highly modded 03 Cobra that is lightened, drags/skinnys, 2.8 upper, 4lb lower, ported eaton, yada, yada and makes 490rwhp without the spray. He does spray a 75 when the tank is full - last night it was empty :judge: . We ended up doing a 40 roll because it was after we left the usual late night racing spot and he just went ahead and lined up next to me. He let me honk off and it was on :patriot: . I felt like Sulu from Star Trek - I'm giving her all shes got Captain!!!! I was balls out with the spray and he just creeped away. From 40mph in 2nd to the middle of 4th he got 1 car on me . . . I was happy - even though I got beat. We slow down and we chat through the window and he says your car is fast! I said not fast enough. He was like - I haven't raced a car that hung that well in a while!

This makes me think - If I would spray 125 I would have been even with him and a 150 would have giving ME the win . . . Hmmm :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,942 Posts
JEEZZZZZZZZZZz. I would think with 623RWTQ you would have still pulled it out. Is that # with a 150shot or 100shot?

Regardless nice kill on the T-type and very honorable death! I thought upper and lower pulley, bolt-on, ported blower Cobras were up to 540RWHP. Maybe he was not being totally honest.
 

·
Maximum Torque Mission
Joined
·
81 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Well, met up with the locals last night for some racing. A buddy just got done doing a few things to his T-Type and now is running 23lbs boost with a new controller and some BFG drags on Welds. We had run before but that was when he was slower and I didn't have the cam We ran twice and both times he got me out of the hole but by the middle of 2nd he was reeled in and I was running right by . . .

After the race he asks if I did heads as well because I ran by him pretty fast . . . I told him no - He's like you did heads . . . I'm like no - not yet anyways :drink:
Did you spray when you raced the T-type and do you know what turbo he was running?
 

·
Doc, Just Doc
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the T-Type I got into the spray in the middle of 2nd because I would have never hooked on that asphault. The turbo on the T-Type is a little bigger then stock - maybe 45mm - not really sure but he also has meth injection.

Jumbo-the high torque is great with good hook but on shitty road you have to be easy on the throttle. On the 40roll with the Cobra it was more HP to HP (466 to 490ish). He may not have been totally honest but who really is when racing ;-)
 

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
Joined
·
5,511 Posts
Congrats on the win over the T-type. So you thinking staying with a larger jet on the dry set up, or maybe going wet? What about keeping the 100-shot and add a set of heads?? hhhhhmmmm????
 

·
Doc, Just Doc
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tom's_03svt said:
nice kill Doc....!

Tom
Thanks Tom. The guys over at the Mustang forum were on my shit because I needed to rephrase my "highly-modded" word use . . . To me, this is strong for an eaton car and your car is within 19 horses of his and within 7 on the squeeze with a very similar setup. He does have a bit of weight loss and 3.73s as well.
 

·
Doc, Just Doc
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JoeyD said:
Congrats on the win over the T-type. So you thinking staying with a larger jet on the dry set up, or maybe going wet? What about keeping the 100-shot and add a set of heads?? hhhhhmmmm????
Either getting some heads or going a little bigger on the dry. I have plenty of injector/fuel. At my current setup I'm on at 66% duty cycle and at 11.5 A/F on the spray.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Doc GTO said:
Thanks Tom. The guys over at the Mustang forum were on my shit because I needed to rephrase my "highly-modded" word use . . . To me, this is strong for an eaton car and your car is within 19 horses of his and within 7 on the squeeze with a very similar setup. He does have a bit of weight loss and 3.73s as well.
I'd call that highly modded...

again nice kill Doc.
 

·
Semper Fi
Joined
·
4,857 Posts
nice kill/death Doc.... always someone faster out there, unfortunately. lol

time for a 150 dry, more fuel and another 50 wet! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,735 Posts
Good runs.

This guy in a T type keeps revving at me everytime he sees me on my way to work.

What's funny is about 2 month back I ran him (he must have forgotten) and I went flying by him at 70mph or so. I had about 5 cars by 110mph. That made him so mad he wouldn't stop revving at me at the next light?

Now everytime he sees me he revs at me and power brakes his car to get my attention. The problem is there is always tons of traffic. He looks like an idiot power braking his car in thick traffic at 7:30 in the morning.
 

·
MMOB
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Good runs Doc. I would think he'd be over 500 RWHP with upper, lower, and port, so I think he might have been understating just a bit.
 

·
Doc, Just Doc
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He may have been! I was thinking at least 500ish and that thing runs.
 

·
Doc, Just Doc
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rangeball said:
Nice kill/death Doc. Admit it you are going to do both heads and a 120 shot. :)
Must have a Top Secret clearance for that info:wall: :secret:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top