LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing this guy in a grey metallic F150 Lightning around town. His Lightning sounds a bit meaner than most. He always double-takes when I drive by.

Last Saturday, I see him ahead of me getting ready to turn onto the freeway from the left of two turn lanes. So, I pull up next to him, stop, then turn onto the ramp in the right lane. As I start to turn to pull along side, I hear him nail the throttle, so I hammer it in first gear, shifting into secong @ 5200. He pulls me by at least two full car lengths from the start. But, I start to pull on him immediately. Luckily, there were only a few cars on the road and we merged without traffic. As I shifted into 3rd gear, I started to pull next to him, then I passed him just before grabbing fourth gear. The instant I nosed ahead of him, he shut down and headed for the next exit.

I followed him and we pulled into a Carl's Jr. and talked for @ 30 minutes. He had the Airforce 1 intake and a Borla exhaust and claimed to have over 400HP. He was amazed that I pulled him and asked to see under the hood. Of course, I only have the Gravana Intake and Exhaust, so he was looking for some NOS lines. He couldn't believe it. I reminded him that his truck weighs @ 1000 lbs. more than my GTO... But it still ate him up that my Pontiac killed his Ford!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i have never heard of Gravana. can you give more info

great kill by the way.

what year lighting was it? anything after 2002 (i think), came with 380hp, stock

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Nice kill. Lightning is a fast truck and no joke by any means. Raced a stock 99 with my TA (exhaust, CAI) and it was a even match down to the hole shot. They got a little bit quicker over the years and modded can do some damage to anybody.

So whats the deal with your intake and exhaust ?? Do tell.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
L's make insane levels of power, I know a few owners, however, all that extra power is needed to move it's heft and push it through the air.

And I saw my first Ram SRT-10 here the other day, but it did have dealer plates on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I researched the Lightning and 380BHP is the right number. I also researched the AF1 and Borla parts and found that the add approximately 30HP combined. So he may be @ 410HP. CMNTMXR57 - You are right. The "L" is a tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts