LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is thinking of modding there new GTO make sure you give us a call at *** *****. We are putting packages together for the GTO and will have them ready before your car arrives to the dealers. We are looking forward to hearing from everyone and good luck with your new beast!.

Thank You, Bill :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WWW.LS1SOURCE.COMl

our site is still under construction as we speek but you can still go there and e-mail us with questions or our toll free # is also available there as well. it should be up and running in a week or two with a full catalog. keep in touch we have great deals available.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
If possible, can you let us know if we install the product (what ever it may be), will void the GM warranty?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Warranty Question

your question is pretty broad as far as what was wrong with the car and what the circumstance might be. i guess the best person to ask would be your local dealer. if it was my car and i was planning on doing let's say a heads and cam package i would contact the service manager of the local dealer and explain exactly what i was doing and see if they would cover the car for warranty work if anything would go wrong with the car. if they said no i would do the work anyway!!:D that's me though! i hope i helped in answering your question. good luck, bill

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am wanting to change the intake on the car. I did my own mod to my current ride (1999 GTP) and am using a 9" K&N and stainless steel pipe.

I know there are K&N kits for the C5 Vette, do you have anything in the works for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GTO INTAKE

We are currently putting a setup together simular to the set up you have mentioned. It should be available by the time the cars get to the dealers. stay tuned for further details. Lots to come!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here are some tips for you guys to get some good value for your money out of the GTO's.

1.) If you guys don't have a differential ratio of 3.91:1 in your M6's then change it to it, and auto's change it to a 3.71:1. I can promise you now in a manual when changing from 1st to 2nd with those diff ratios it will throw you in your backseats! The excelleration is awesome!
2.) Use LS-1 Edit mafless dyno tune, extractors and exhaust system, TB, cold-air and filter.

If you do those simple mods you should get an easy 300-330rwhp. I have done these to my LS-1 over here and after driving 90 miles in 40 degree celcius temperature only 2wks ago with 88% hummidity and putting it straight onto a dyno it made 310rwhp. Remember it's the middle of summer over here. Need any little tips or help let me know. It's great being able to offer you some advice.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
04 IBM GTO said:
If anyone is thinking of modding there new GTO make sure you give us a call at LS1 SOURCE. We are putting packages together for the GTO and will have them ready before your car arrives to the dealers. We are looking forward to hearing from everyone and good luck with your new beast!.

Thank You, Bill :)

I'm looking for a transcooler that will mount to the factory mounts in front of the radiator also for some brake and suspension upgrades.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Our GTO's are already making those numbers. I'm interested in around 400-425 rwhp. Currently talking to vendors about LT's, Heads and Cam. Then of course all the other easy bolt-ons. Rear end will end up between 3.73's and 3.91's. Can't see doing 4.10's.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Over here we have found that Eibach suspension works extremly well in the Monaro. We tried many different set-ups of Bilstein, Koni, Monroe etc etc but the Eibach were the best ones by far. They lower your car by an inch, give a nice ride and never hit the bump stops or bottom out. It's a smooth plush ride, push it into a corner and it will sit nice and firm and sure footed but definetly not rattle your teeth out. If you fit 19" rims you will need to go for coil overs tho. If you want some advice on the best package to get for handling suspension set-ups that give a firm, plush comfortable ride leave your strut brace on, use the above mentioned Eibach and 18" rims with either 245/40 or 235/40. If you go any higher then 18" rims you start to sacrifice ride quaility and you will ruin the ride. The chasis is tuned so well from the factory it doesn't take much to make it a little better and still keep ride quality without sacrificing handling.

I have noticed recently over here that Edelbrock has been having a go at our market in shock absorbers and other suspension componetry. How do you guys find Edelbrock over there? From the feedback I have received so far they seem to be very stiff and give a hard ride.
You guys make 300-330rwhp already? I thought you had 348hp @ the flywheel?

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
They respond well with cam and headwork and good set of headers and exhaust system. Those new heads from AFR look and sound like they will be a real great item for the LS-1 also. Can't wait till they get released in March.

I just noticed you guys have air-conditioning in your GTO's. We have dual zone climate control as standard fitment over here. I hope they make that a standard feature for you guys ASAP.

This is what we will be getting in Australia in a few months time. It's the GM Monaro Coupe 4 All Wheel Drive. It's only availiable in A4, and has [email protected] the flywheel (362hp) LS-1, or with a 30% drivetrain loss 255rwhp. But the best bit is it's all wheel drive. I have placed an order for one already :D . To prove to you how good the AWD is it does 0-60mph in 6.6sec on gravel roads :eek: I can't wait to tweak the engine and leave these poxy WRX's 300yrds behind in traffic light shoot outs :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
I want that gauge pod you guys have for the top of the center stack. Nice touch. Looks like it belongs there vs. the a-pillar add-ons I've seen elsewhere. All the pix I've seen shows them facing straight. Anyone know if they are actually canted towards the driver?

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
I bought one from Austrialia... its a mirror to what we have on our dash. The molding fee's would be $20,000-$25,000 to re-create it as a mirrored peice.

*sigh*

I'm going to have one made from fiberglass for my own car. The big question is that there is a "brace" under that panel which makes it look like too tight of a space to put any gauges in .....

they just had to make it easy for us didnt they :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
My good friends I have only just 2 days ago finished making the centre dual instrument binical that you are talking about cvp33 and DevilYellow for you guys in the U.S.

In Australia they cost us $2500 AUS from GM. It's a stupid price for them so I looked into it and have made them so you can order the same color as your instrument panel with your speedo, gas and rpm etc etc to match each other and they also have the GTO logo in them. They are made from the finest quality guages in the world (not a sales pitch either) and the pod in which they go will match your dash identicaly! I am selling them to you guys for $550 AUS dollars + postage.

As soon as I have some pictures I will post them up for you if you like. I will be sending them over to the U.S for sale as well as here in Australia. Fell free to PM me for more info.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
11 Participants
gtofan
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing