LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here are all the mods that I have I have all these questions on....

RIMS(Dblugoat's got some sicc wheels)
Holdem Monaro Conversion Kit
Angel Eye Kit
Xenon Headlights
Short Throw Shifter

So I'm ready for the 'foruming' to begin... feel free to chime in on why you think the options you propose are the best...

Also, do we have a Northwest GOAT herders meeting happening soon? I'd like to see all the mods you guys have already thrown into your whips...

Thanks guys and gals... :gears:

·
that's right,I'm runnin' 11's
1,522 Posts
EsDubya said:
RIMS(Dblugoat's got some sicc wheels)
Holdem Monaro Conversion Kit
Angel Eye Kit
Xenon Headlights
Short Throw Shifter
:gears:

I personally am not a big fan of "Cosmetic" mods (at least untill the car is ****ing fast)
but, do what you think "you" will get the most enjoyment out of.

wheels are a great combo, getting something wider, so you can get more rubber on the ground is always good, the goat is definately in need of more traction (even stock)
I havn't driven with the shifter yet, but I have one ready to install, I've been told they make a world of difference.

my current mods (and the order I did them):
K&N FIPK (air filter on a stick)
stickier rear tires
Borla "Cat Back" exhaust

and I've been collecting these parts all summer:
Kooks Long Tube Headers (with Catted Connecting pipes)
Crane "Custom" Cam, 226/226 591/591 112lsa
direct port nitrous (NXL kit)

next I am purchasing HP Tuners so I can flash my ECU to work with the cam and the N02
all this should be installed this off season.

when I'm in the eleven's I will probably work on some cosmetic stuff like the AX grills. and maybe a banchee hood

Russ

·
1,522 Posts
I am curious to see your HID install tho.
I want to see one in person before I dive in,

·
Need To Drive More
1,475 Posts
GMM RipShift first.

I can (help) install it.

For the other items, it all depends on what you want the car to do.

Look blingin' :pimp:
Go fast :burnout:
or Street King like me :mullet:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LFSADRG said:
GMM RipShift first.

I can (help) install it.

For the other items, it all depends on what you want the car to do.

Look blingin' :pimp:
Go fast :burnout:
or Street King like me :mullet:
Do you have one installed? Any chance we could get together and I can get a quick feel for it?

Lemme know - thanks and I appreciate the response boss!

·
I said I was quiet...not nice
473 Posts
Mods so far...and I'm into the car mods for less than $500 (most of it for the tint)

Monero side-markers (Top-Shelf, $80 and two hours of work) - you can probably find these cheeper.
Wing Delete (Top Shelf again for the plugs, $20-ish, 20 minutes of work) - Eventually I'll get the plugs pulled and the trunk lid filled, but for now the plugs are fine.
SAP Grilles (Local Dealer, got a deal) - $200.
Window Tint - $200
De-Badging - Elbow grease

Functional mod: CAGS Skip-shift Eliminator - $15 (PFYC) and about 5 minutes...took me longer to jack the car up than installing the kit. You can also find this cheeper than I did.

So...for about $500 I have a car that looks (somewhat) unique. I'll spend cash on going fast when I have it (probably after my first-born arrives in a few months).

Functional mods would be the shifter first, then a CAI, move on from there.

Attachments

·
not an ordinary rabbit
1,154 Posts
Just go for the POWER man!!! magna supercharger... save and buy that. right after you get new tires and rims 275 rear 245 fronts!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ls1bluebird said:
Just go for the POWER man!!! magna supercharger... save and buy that. right after you get new tires and rims 275 rear 245 fronts!
So this may sound a wee bit retarded ... but when you do the 275 and 245 does that include any fender rolling? What does that process entail?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tired Iron said:
Mods so far...and I'm into the car mods for less than $500 (most of it for the tint)

Monero side-markers (Top-Shelf, $80 and two hours of work) - you can probably find these cheeper.
Wing Delete (Top Shelf again for the plugs, $20-ish, 20 minutes of work) - Eventually I'll get the plugs pulled and the trunk lid filled, but for now the plugs are fine.
SAP Grilles (Local Dealer, got a deal) - $200.
Window Tint - $200
De-Badging - Elbow grease

Functional mod: CAGS Skip-shift Eliminator - $15 (PFYC) and about 5 minutes...took me longer to jack the car up than installing the kit. You can also find this cheeper than I did.

So...for about $500 I have a car that looks (somewhat) unique. I'll spend cash on going fast when I have it (probably after my first-born arrives in a few months).

Functional mods would be the shifter first, then a CAI, move on from there.
Thanks for that - I'm kinda going through the same thing - so many mods to do and not enough $$$ - that's what I wanna hear DIY kinda thiings... can I ping you later for more info on the Monaro badges? Thanks again

:gears:

·
1,522 Posts
I've got access to a fender roller (in bremerton area) if anyone wants to come use it...

·
Need To Drive More
1,475 Posts
EsDubya said:
Do you have one installed? Any chance we could get together and I can get a quick feel for it?
Yes.

There are random illegal car klub meets during the week so the next one I will let you know.

You are in Sea-Tac so you wont have to drive far.

·
I said I was quiet...not nice
473 Posts
EsDubya said:
... can I ping you later for more info on the Monaro badges? Thanks again
No problem, but if you search the "appearance" forum with the keywords "side marker" you'll find some great instructions on what wires are spliced to where, that's what I used as advice. Still, I'd be happy to answer any questions I can, it wasn't hard to do. The most tricky part was getting the wire threaded behind the sheetmetal, the wire-splicing is a snap (but I do work in the Electronics industry, so I'm used to soldering).

Mine act as turn signals, other people have wired them as side-markers (always on when the parking/headlights are on).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tired Iron said:
No problem, but if you search the "appearance" forum with the keywords "side marker" you'll find some great instructions on what wires are spliced to where, that's what I used as advice. Still, I'd be happy to answer any questions I can, it wasn't hard to do. The most tricky part was getting the wire threaded behind the sheetmetal, the wire-splicing is a snap (but I do work in the Electronics industry, so I'm used to soldering).

Mine act as turn signals, other people have wired them as side-markers (always on when the parking/headlights are on).
Will do thanks again... I know a couple people that might know some people that could know a little somethin' about electrical wiring... :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LFSADRG said:
Yes.

There are random illegal car klub meets during the week so the next one I will let you know.

You are in Sea-Tac so you wont have to drive far.
I'm all fer that... but just so we're clear... when you say 'illegal' ... are you talking like spending-a-night-in-jail-illegal or are you talking about felony-illegal? LOL!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KrautBurner said:
I've got access to a fender roller (in bremerton area) if anyone wants to come use it...
do you have your fenders rolled? what kinda wheels do you have?

·
Need To Drive More
1,475 Posts
EsDubya said:
are you talking like spending-a-night-in-jail-illegal or are you talking about felony-illegal?
I would think gross misdemeanor. :wall:

Lets not find out.

·
1,522 Posts
EsDubya said:
do you have your fenders rolled? what kinda wheels do you have?

mine are "Trimmed"
the inner lip has been cut out
I have stock wheels, with 275/40-17 tires.
plenty of room,
but one of my friends has a fender roller too,

Russ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts