LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can order the climate control system from the Monaro and put it in the GTO?

By the way, is their a feedback site to Pontiac? Seems like the GTO should have all the options available on the Monaro, e.g. Climate Control, Gauge Package, etc. Someone needs to beat on Pontiac for being cheap, it's not like they don't already make it. :banghead:

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
keep in mind that the GTO is a full $10,000US cheaper than the monaro. It also has less HP and Torque than ours. Over in Oz, it's marketed as a luxury car. Over here, it's a Muscle Car (or what other car companies call a "super sports coupe").

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize the US version is less $$, but when I bought my Grand Prix 8 years ago, it had a climate control option for only $300. Just seems like Pontiac would at least make some options available if they already make the option.

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
fatback -- unfortunately, it is a lot harder and more expensive to offer any real options on a car that is shipped from Australia. The Grand Prix is shipped from the midwest and it is relatively easy to order it in any number of configurations (with climate, without climate, with spoiler, without spoiler, etc, etc, etc...). The GTO had to come fully loaded with a no real options because they took SO LONG to get here after being built that it would've been impossible to fulfill factory orders for them at all. That's why the M6 is the only option, and that's why there's no climate. They had to choose a base config and stick to it.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Unfortunately it looks like it can't be done cheaply and easily. I'm more than willing to let someone else try because I was looking into it and it was just too much. I originally thought you could just swap out control (head) units and all would be good. But that is not the case.

Perhaps if Pontiac comes out with it in later models and it's just a swap, I'll be all over it. Otherwise, the work isn't worth the effort despite how much better it looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts