LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Chickun maka lousy houspet
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
It is, but I'm at work. I haven't been able to...yet.

Since you brought it up, I feel like I should share this. I recently got a set of NOS (never installed) SAP grilles, which are still in the original GM box, with the mounting hardware and the instructions. SAP parts are definitely rare, but when was the last time anyone saw anything like this?

Automotive design Chair Automotive exterior Material property Bumper

The old packing material was decomposing and was falling apart. This is what is all over them. They are in exceptional, I'd even say perfect shape (and I don't throw the 'perfect' word around when I'm describing OEM parts). All the tabs are intact...these things are amazing!

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Audio equipment

Grille Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Sleeve Material property Font Tints and shades Handwriting

Metal Close-up Nickel Fashion accessory Silver

I'm stating this now, but I never intend on selling these! I'm also NEVER going to mount them in a bumper. I feel these made it about 17 years and they are probably the last set that haven't been installed. My intent is to make a shadow box for them and place them in it. I'm going to make it so you can see the instructions, hardware and original box.

....I also have a set of GTO NOS / never mounted mud flaps with instructions, hardware and one of the GM bags they came in. Those are packed away with a set of used G8 mudflaps that I got after a guy took them off his car. I'm not talking about Holden mudflaps someone imported that have the "SS" logon on them; they are Pontiac parts, specifically for the G8 with the Pontiac logo on them. I've asked a couple of guy's who know G8's and these things are made from a special plastic called "unobtanium".

Eventually, I'm going to have all of the G8 and GTO things I've accumulated over the years, protected and under plexiglass so I can display and share them at various car shows. I will have my GTO running this year, so I can go to the Holden BBQ / cookout in Indiana and Pontiac Adventures THIS YEAR. Once tthat's running, I fully intend on spending some time on the shadow boxes. Depending on how many things I can get mounted and done, I might just trailer my GTO to these shows, so I can also bring the displays for everyone to see.

My dad has a TON of stuff for his 1960 Catalina, but nothing was documented on who had it, where it was from or what it was for. I have everything written down with the items so there is a paper trail as to who had them, what their story was, where they came from and where / when they were made.

· Registered
287 Posts
It is, but I'm at work. I haven't been able to...yet.

Since you brought it up, I feel like I should share this. I recently got a set of NOS (never installed) SAP grilles, which are still in the original GM box, with the mounting hardware and the instructions. SAP parts are definitely rare, but when was the last time anyone saw anything like this?

View attachment 523644

The old packing material was decomposing and was falling apart. This is what is all over them. They are in exceptional, I'd even say perfect shape (and I don't throw the 'perfect' word around when I'm describing OEM parts). All the tabs are intact...these things are amazing!

View attachment 523645

View attachment 523646

View attachment 523647

View attachment 523648

I'm stating this now, but I never intend on selling these! I'm also NEVER going to mount them in a bumper. I feel these made it about 17 years and they are probably the last set that haven't been installed. My intent is to make a shadow box for them and place them in it. I'm going to make it so you can see the instructions, hardware and original box.

....I also have a set of GTO NOS / never mounted mud flaps with instructions, hardware and one of the GM bags they came in. Those are packed away with a set of used G8 mudflaps that I got after a guy took them off his car. I'm not talking about Holden mudflaps someone imported that have the "SS" logon on them; they are Pontiac parts, specifically for the G8 with the Pontiac logo on them. I've asked a couple of guy's who know G8's and these things are made from a special plastic called "unobtanium".

Eventually, I'm going to have all of the G8 and GTO things I've accumulated over the years, protected and under plexiglass so I can display and share them at various car shows. I will have my GTO running this year, so I can go to the Holden BBQ / cookout in Indiana and Pontiac Adventures THIS YEAR. Once tthat's running, I fully intend on spending some time on the shadow boxes. Depending on how many things I can get mounted and done, I might just trailer my GTO to these shows, so I can also bring the displays for everyone to see.

My dad has a TON of stuff for his 1960 Catalina, but nothing was documented on who had it, where it was from or what it was for. I have everything written down with the items so there is a paper trail as to who had them, what their story was, where they came from and where / when they were made.
I’ve seen 2 nos sets show up on eBay recently. Based on these pics I believe that’s where this second set came from. The original bags were disintegrated.

· Chickun maka lousy houspet
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I’ve seen 2 nos sets show up on eBay recently. Based on these pics I believe that’s where this second set came from. The original bags were disintegrated.
They were off of eBay. I didn't know about the first set. I did see a set on FB, that was really nice, but didn't have the box (as far as I could recall). I offered to buy the instructions, but the woman selling them opted not to separate them from the grilles.

· GR-RRR!
14,224 Posts
They were off of eBay. I didn't know about the first set. I did see a set on FB, that was really nice, but didn't have the box (as far as I could recall). I offered to buy the instructions, but the woman selling them opted not to separate them from the grilles.
She could have made scans or copies of the instructions. It would be nice to have PDFs of one-off instructions for things like this.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts