LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all .... i have a monaro and i'd like more pure engine sound so i wanted to know ...is the gto exhaust system same as the monaro but without the last chamber which is before the tips/ and without the x pipe ? ( if you look at the gto picures under the car you will notice that at the last there is no chamber before the tips but the monaro does have it) so if i removed this last chamber and also remove the x pipe from my car will it sound like a gto or it's a completely different systems? thanx a lot

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
You're better off just removing your stock mufflers/resonators of death and installing aftermarket components. While the GTO's exhaust is a bit louder than the Monaro, it isn't what I would like it to be. You can get a set of DynoMax, Magnaflow (which is DynoMax stainless steel Ultra-Flo mufflers), ATR, Borla, or other brand and get much better results both sound and performance wise.

·
Registered Cruiser
77 Posts
Ask the same question on www.ls1.com.au and you'll find out what, where and how much in South Pacfic pesos.

Mick (fm Brissy)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts