LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BlubBlubBlubBlubBlub
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the GTO in for a Tune and to put on the 05 Front Brakes and to install the GMM Ripshifter. Mongillo is a sponsor located in New Haven, CT. Ed Gomez at Mongillo worked to fit me in on a Friday and quickly had the car done by early Saturday.

The results...

*The 05 brakes are much better over the 04's and much more confidence inspiring. Jim did a great job swapping the spindles to the 05's and had them done fast to allow Ed to tune the car with HPTuners.

*The GMM Ripshifter (Race Spec). The shifter is amazing. Bottom line, everyone is right about this mod - it makes the car feel much quicker. You can bang shifts as hard as you want, the shifter snicks the next gate progressively... you don't have to row the oar of the stock shifter and aim for the gate, just RIP it and it's there!!! I can't wait to use this at the track and see the improvements it will bring.

*The tune. Ed showed me the details of the Tune (see my bolt-ons in my sig) and how the car gained throughout the powerband. With my mild boltons for exhaust and intake, Ed showed me how the timing was all out and was able to mod it about 8* thoughout and reduce the fuel puked into the cylinders by the stock tables. SOTP the car is much stronger. I was able to spin the BFGs at WOT in second much further than before. And midrange and regular driving the car feels more potent, even the exhaust tone sounds different. I can't wait for the dyno at the shop coming soon to benchmark the results. And I went with the LIFETIME TUNE option for $500! A bargain if you plan to mod and really put your GTO to work.

Speaking of worked GTO's. The Mongillo YJ GTO testbed would make Steve McQueen shit his pants in excitement! 76mm Turbo, STS style, methanol injected, 6.6L.... Ed took me for a little ride, it went something like this

1st : Not really useful
2nd : :gears:
3rd : :gears:
4th : 1something! SHUT HER DOWN!!! WOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!

All said... VERY Satisified. Check out Mongillo if you need a tune or install in the Northeast, highly recommended. And Ed is always ready to show you his expertise with his 10 second GTO!!!

OUT

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
I've met Ed and Jim before at their first track rental, great guys and that know how to build cars. I'm getting my headers installed by them on Thursday.

·
Hybred Gto
185 Posts
yeah ed and jim are good guys.. they tune my friends 02 ss all the time.. ed is pretty handy with the hp tuner

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
Ed's the man! I love his tune on my goat. Advanced timing by 6 degrees, leaned the engine to 12.5 A/F, fussed with some ohther stuff. Net result - spin the tires thru first to second easily from a soft roll, no problem!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts