LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Monster Lug Nuts perfect for VMRs, ForgeStars, Beyern, TSWs and more!

Maverick Man Carbon is now a Master Distributor for Monster Lugs!

Looking for lugs nuts for your GTO. With high offset wheels that people often put on their GTOs usually mean a flat faced type wheel. Such are the common VMR, Forge Stars, BBS LM replicas, Beyern and TSWs. These lugs are perfect for those types of application with this long shank style. However Monster Lugs will fit all other after market wheels as well. These lugs are also open ended which are perfect for those whom race and are required to have open end lugs.

Monster Lugs are made of Forged 50BV30 Steel and come in these two finishes as shown above: Black and Chrome Titanium.

Other options in color are Chrome, Red, Blue and Silver.

Wheel locks are available also inquire within.

End cover lug caps are also available in black, chrome, red, blue and gold.

$65 for a set of 20 plus shipping +CA Tax

you can order them here on this link: http://maverickmancarbon.com/other-parts-for-your-gto-or-g8

·
Chevy tings
1,758 Posts
These look nice. What is the weight on a set?

·
Resident electronics hacker
806 Posts
How do the finishes hold up? I've seen many nice looking lugs chip once a socket was used and also seen red lugs turn pink after time
True! +1 for THIS question.

MavMan I wish you had these in DEC when I paid $60 for some crappy ones :(

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How do the finishes hold up? I've seen many nice looking lugs chip once a socket was used and also seen red lugs turn pink after time

every lug over time doesn't look like new. use a impact gun you're going to get scratches. but then again you should be using an impact on your aftermarket wheels either. ;)

i use personally both the Black and Chrome Titanium on my other vehicles. They have been off more then a few times and yes they do have scratches just like any other lug would form a socket. cheap sockets will leave more marks (less tolerance). i also had both of these on my cars for over a year now and no fading.

as far as the red your are specifically asking about i have seen that happen not in these lugs but in others as you speak about. however the most culprit is the sun. any anodizing can fade over time with the suns UV.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i worked very closely with Monster Lug to come out with a new design that i know people will really like! these Lugs are Short Spline Drives with an Open End. these are called Monster Lug 35s

and i now also carry Monster Lug end caps for all Monster Lugs as shown below

Lugs come in Black and Chrome at $84.95 plus shipping for a set of 20

End Caps come in Black, Chrome, Red, Blue and Gold at $28.25 plus shipping for a set of 20 plus spares.

you can order them here: http://maverickmancarbon.com/other-parts-for-your-gto-or-g8

·
Registered
815 Posts
^+1 will need a set this summer but my new wheels are a darker silver so I need to see.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Those caps are boss for sure.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just throwing this out there but does anyone have a pic of the red lugs and or red caps with stock black powder coated\painted 18"s? I'm interested how this looks.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any pictures of a silver set? Do they match the OEM 18s well? Hate the cover over the cheap OEM lugs.
these do not come in silver. they do come in chrome though. however i do not have a photo of the chrome ones yet. i'll try to take a photo of one.

as far as matching what do you mean? these are totally a different style of lug nut then the stock one.

Just throwing this out there but does anyone have a pic of the red lugs and or red caps with stock black powder coated\painted 18"s? I'm interested how this looks.
i doubt anyone here would have these on their cars. this lug style is very new.

·
Registered
412 Posts
these do not come in silver. they do come in chrome though. however i do not have a photo of the chrome ones yet. i'll try to take a photo of one.

as far as matching what do you mean? these are totally a different style of lug nut then the stock one.

i doubt anyone here would have these on their cars. this lug style is very new.
It was in your original post that silver was an option? Look below in bold. I understand they are a different style, I was asking if the silver lug was close at all to the silver color of stock 18s.

Maverick Man Carbon is now a Master Distributor for Monster Lugs!

Looking for lugs nuts for your GTO. With high offset wheels that people often put on their GTOs usually mean a flat faced type wheel. Such are the common VMR, Forge Stars, BBS LM replicas, Beyern and TSWs. These lugs are perfect for those types of application with this long shank style. However Monster Lugs will fit all other after market wheels as well. These lugs are also open ended which are perfect for those whom race and are required to have open end lugs.

Monster Lugs are made of Forged 50BV30 Steel and come in these two finishes as shown above: Black and Chrome Titanium.

Other options in color are Chrome, Red, Blue and Silver but please inquire within. Wheel locks are available also inquire within.

$65 for a set of 20 plus shipping +CA Tax

you can order them here on this link: http://maverickmancarbon.com/other-parts-for-your-gto-or-g8

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was in your original post that silver was an option? Look below in bold. I understand they are a different style, I was asking if the silver lug was close at all to the silver color of stock 18s.
Yes those I thought you were talking about he new 35 type. But yes they are very close. They are a flat sliver like the OE lug covers

·
Ragin Cajun
1,096 Posts
Mav, any pics of these 35's on 17's? Hate to buy them and not like 'em.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mav, any pics of these 35's on 17's? Hate to buy them and not like 'em.
no sorry i do not have photos of them on 17's presuming you are talking about the stock 17's also know i did jump the gun on the Monster 35s. they do not have the GTO bolt pattern for these just yet. i am working on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts