LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Has anyone had an aftermarket moonroof installed yet?
Also, does it take away from the structual integrity of the car?

I am looking at the 710 Webasto at $1,100.00 parts and labor.

:)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
well since it seems that this exact sunroof is quite common on monaros, i would say that you have nothing to worry about. if you are really concerned, get some BMR SFCs

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

What are BMR SFCs?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Scorpionida said:
Thanks for the reply.

What are BMR SFCs?
BMR sub frame connectors. they help to stablilize the car and make sure that the chassis does not twist under high load situations. but everyone on the forum seems to think that the independent rear suspension will help take care of this.
post pics if you get it.

·
VT Holden Calais
86 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
BMR sub frame connectors. they help to stablilize the car and make sure that the chassis does not twist under high load situations. but everyone on the forum seems to think that the independent rear suspension will help take care of this.
post pics if you get it.
yeah, the IRS should help although if you have lowered your car considerably or are going to id recommend them. i know in my commodore, it sits at 100mm and the springs are stiff as, when you go into a drive on an angle you can feel the whole body twist.. it sounds awful...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help!

I think the car needs a little more in the handling arena too, so the SFCs will help with that as well.

Thanks again.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Scorpionida said:
Thanks for all the help!

I think the car needs a little more in the handling arena too, so the SFCs will help with that as well.

Thanks again.
SFCs probably wont do all that much for "handling". they are basically to make the car more sturdy and not twist the chassis. if you want your car to handle better i would save your money and invest in some new springs and struts etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts