LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well, we are jealous but at least Larry, as an old GTO fan, did not pan the car and understands what it is really about and the real connection to the old first ones. They really are more alike than different in spirit. It is what the GTO would have become had it survived. Man, looking for those production codes to change Monday. Meanwhile,:drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Is that protective covering on the brakes in front? It looks like it - I can't imagine why else it'd be white...

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yea, it helps protect the rotors against that surface rust that commonly gets on there. I'm surprised Holden hasn't joined the new fad of putting a plastic cover on all the wheels like I've seen many cars around here being shipped with.

Some observances as I look under the hood;

1) A factory strut tower brace. That's cool! I'm sure the aftermarket like Hotchkis, BMR and a few others will come out with better units, but from the factory that's cool.

2) On right hand drive Holden's, the brake power booster and master cylinder were on the right hand side which feeds the ABS and traction control modulator which are also on the passenger side fender. On the GTO, they moved the booster and master cylinder to the left side (obviously), but left the ABS modulator on the right side. You can see the brake lines routed along the back of the engine behind the intake plenum.

I don't think that glove compartment lid was broken. It could've simply been something needed repair or installation behind it and it's just easier to remove the whole thing.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Is that material on the lower part of the trim on the door like crush velvet?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
It looks very similar to the door panel trim on 95-99 Monte Carlo's and Lumina's (I've had one of each :D ). I don't know how to really describe it, but it isn't a crushed velvet.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Alcantara? Isn't that the village west of Ayers Rock and Uluru where baby Kangaroos are hunted stripped of their furs, flesh eaten and their thigh bones ground into a fine powder which is then inhaled by young Aboriginal warriors as a right of passage?

Nevermind. I was thinking of Atlanta. :slap:

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
DevilYellow

Dont sweat it man! You cant help what you cant control. You and all the other people that keep this site running, have kept most of us sane... This site has meant a lot to us. We could never thank you enough. I look forward to coming here sharing photos and stories about our cars for a long time to come!

Now wheres my beer?
:drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yea, I wouldn't sweat bro. You can't do EVERYTHING! As much as we would all like to, "Larry" is an insider that who was affiliated with the other site. Nothing you can do about that.

For instance, if I worked in a rail yard, I'd give you first dibs and not them. Unfortunately I don't work in a yard. :)

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
We may wanna go out to Rochelle, IL. That is UP's new Global III yard. It is the most state of the art one out there. We can also watch one of the busiest crossings in the world where UP's mainline and BNSF's mainline cross at the "Diamond". :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
DevilYellow said:
*sigh*

Well I'm not going to lock this thread or anything ... It sucks that noone else can get these pictures. They are doing a better job then me at keeping track of the cars.
DevilYellow,

It takes more than just pictures to make a great site! Your not locking the thread shows you know how to put your members ahead of any battles with other sites. I normally don't go to the ultimategto site but if there are new pictures of the 04 GTO posted there or anywhere else I like to know it. I come to this site for "GTO information" and if that means you have to point me to another site so I get the very latest so be it! It just proves to me that I've made the right choice for my primary site that I visit every day for "all the information" on my GTO! Being 51 and buying a new GTO I'm kind of the outsider in my group so rather than defend my GTO at every drop of the hat I'm going to try and keep my friends (that own older GTO's) and let my GTO defend itself! If the car truly is as good as we all figure it is it will have no trouble proving itself. If not I won't be eating a lot of crow defending a vehicle I haven't even driven yet. Keep up the good work, this site is continuously growing as the result of making decisions like this one.

Regards,
Mark Leavesley

1 - 20 of 22 Posts