LS1GTO Forums banner

More Pics for you all ...

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Orbit Orange 
#1 · (Edited)
Wanted to post a link to our club website for some more photos ... right now its mostly classics but I have 600+ more photos to sift through and post. I was very happy to see the 69 Judge we too in some of you all photo galleries -- esp. the shots of Wangers signing the radiator support! Classic!

It was great Autocrossing with some of you guys and sharing the car show limelight with some awesome new cars!

VuDuDr .. nice car, I voted for you even with the sheepskins ;-) -- That last thread got a little messy, but I'll say that I'd love to see you hittin those 11's at the drags next year, and with those big ass brakes why not the autocross? The Judge will be back to fight it out between the cones and probably our modded out 72 "Judge Clone" (No Judge in 72) ....

http://www.loegtos.com/dark/05GTOAA_dark.htm

Remember, lots more photos to come especially of the 04-05 group!

Oh and if you guys want more pics and info about that Barbados Blue Autocross concept car we have a gallery from last year's nationals where it was debuted to the public ....

http://www.loegtos.com/dark/04nats_05sneak.htm

---Chris K.
Land of Enchantment GTO's

PS - If anyone has photos from the Autocross event (Thanatos?) I'd love to see them!

See less See more
#2 ·
cknight725 said:
VuDuDr .. nice car, I voted for you even with the sheepskins ;-) -- That last thread got a little messy, but I'll say that I'd love to see you hittin those 11's at the drags next year, and with those big ass brakes why not the autocross?
Lets just say everything was a big misunderstanding. The guy was nice to me in front of me, lets just say getting an inch away from my newly painted rear bumper was a mistake, lets just say the comments heard were taken in the worst possible way - instead of the best. I think the revving the car every hour and revving it in response to me moving my car and the competitive attitude is something we do not need. Never once did my car go over 3,000 RPM while in the parking lot. I always putted it around. We were all there to have fun and I had more fun outside of the GTOAA events than in them. But its about the people, not the cars. Friendships made and good times had. And the competitive attitude is not needed in a popular vote show. Good thing next year they will be in the 'winners circle'. I really think people should represent themselves in a befitting manor - as LS1GTO members and GTOAA members.

I rounded up $6,720 in give away prizes and helped the GTOAA get some awesome trophies. The sole reason I did it is to grow the community and have a good time with friends. If someone goes to the event just to get a trophy I cant see having as much fun as I did. I was very happy to see PJ and Dan (Holeshot) as well as Keygan (Playdoh) get trophies - they had spotless, smooth, clean cars and deserved every part of the trophy. I'm hard on myself, my car had no wax - no real prep work. I was working on my exhaust until Wednesday @ midnight and really wasnt even going to bring my car. I had a blast and do not regret driving it one bit (even tho I have 3 monster rock chips).

#3 ·
DevilYellow said:
But its about the people, not the cars. Friendships made and good times had.

Damn straight. That's the only reason I drove 900 miles to get there......seeing all of the awesome machinery was just icing on the cake.

#4 ·
Same here. Then I saw the red eyesore with a large heatsinking doorstop. The only time that thing is gonna hit 11's is with me pulling it behind the Camaro! :D

#5 ·
No matter what was going on with that vudofu car it kept me in histarics actually, come on 11s, need I say more? Just hope they take it easy on that car, all that cold revving on the 10th. minute of every hour is bound to spare a valve spring soon enough.

We just have to keep BB guns away from a certain person next year:p I hope next year they come up with some new award classes, not that its bad the way it is. Is their going to be autocross and drag racing at 2006 GTO nationals?

#8 ·
great pics!!

#9 ·
#10 · (Edited)
I know I've said this before, but guys it was awesome to meet the face behind the sig. Thanatos, No Coness, DY, GM H, Playdough, GrazinPurple, StlPhantom, HRJ, GTPrix, Taternuts, Orbit Orange, and others, thanks for a great show!

#11 ·
Thought I'd quit lurking and post a response, then back to my old stomping grounds, "That Other New GTO Site".

It was great to meet some fellow new GTO owners that happen to be on the site here. Wish I would have had more than just 1 day but it was great anyway.

Nice talking to MatadorRed69, GTPPrix, Playdough, Thanatos and Taternuts. I think I also chatted with a couple of other members but can't remember their handles. I was in Goat Heaven talking and looking over the mods on everyone's rides. They ALL looked great. Hope I can see some again next year in Louisville. Well back off to my neck of the woods. Great talking to y'all. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.