LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the one pass I got in last night. The car was heatsoaked as many cars had problems from blowouts, blown tranny, car on fire. So the car never really got a chance to sit but oh well. I raced a SL600 that was owned by a rather young gentleman probably 17-18yrs old. I got out of the hole before him but he was charging hard at the lights as he pulled a 114mph 12.6sec pass. Enjoy the vid.

right click save as:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
gtodoug said:
is the link working for everyone? I see alot of lurkers an no posters.
yeah I just watched it, looked good. How does a 18yr old afford a SL600 ? Must be nice to have rich parents :gr_jest:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
yeah I just watched it, looked good. How does a 18yr old afford a SL600 ? Must be nice to have rich parents :gr_jest:
Maybe his parents are dead and he bought it with the life insurance? I would've rather had an SL55AMG...Over 600 horse, mm mm tasty.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Looks great. And I even got it on dial-up - took a while. Wish you could have gotten more runs, but that one was impressive enough. :)

Padre

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Doug,

That kid the the Merc had to be slingging dope or had $$$ parents. Those SL600s are fast. Your car sounds great. I think with drags on the back and a more aggressive launch you would have smoked that 600 and in the 12s no problem.

Doc

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His dad was there and I'm thinking pops was just loaded. He was there in an AMG E55 with nitto's mounted in the back. Probably in his mid 60's with a limp. Seriously. On was pretty conservative on the shifts as well. Even though it didn't sound like it from the wheelspin. I was just trying not to rush each shift knowing those might be the only runs I get.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
A SL600 and a AMG E55. I would say he's loaded or maybe he owns a Merc dealership!

Doc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts