LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! First post!

Ive spent all morning reading the different posts about mounts but I would like to get some info from y'all directly.

My driver side mount collapsed yesterday, so I am in need of some new mounts.... the OEM AC Delcos are pricey and most people dont like them from what I can tell, so should I go Hinson Poly? Or Pedders hydraulic rubber? Or something else? Am I correct in assuming that I should also change the trans mount at the same time? Are the hinson poly MM and TM going to vibrate the car?

Recommendations would be great thanks!

05 A4 GTO 31,000mi JBA headers and hi flow mids and magnaflow catback

·
Coco Conocido
782 Posts
You don't have to replace the trans mount when you replace motor mounts. (It's the opposite situation...if you replace the trans mount, you DO need to replace motor mounts)
All of the polys will vibrate the car more than the stock ones.
I have whiteline mounts and they work well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy! First post!

Ive spent all morning reading the different posts about mounts but I would like to get some info from y'all directly.

My driver side mount collapsed yesterday, so I am in need of some new mounts.... the OEM AC Delcos are pricey and most people dont like them from what I can tell, so should I go Hinson Poly? Or Pedders hydraulic rubber? Or something else? Am I correct in assuming that I should also change the trans mount at the same time? Are the hinson poly MM and TM going to vibrate the car?

Recommendations would be great thanks!

05 A4 GTO 31,000mi JBA headers and hi flow mids and magnaflow catback
You don't have to replace the trans mount when you replace motor mounts. (It's the opposite situation...if you replace the trans mount, you DO need to replace motor mounts)
All of the polys will vibrate the car more than the stock ones.
I have whiteline mounts and they work well.
Thanks for the reply!
Ok. Im assuming the TM is probably on its way out since the MM collapsed. So if I changed the MM to poly do I need to match the stiffness for the TM? Or could I just swap the TM for a new OEM one?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have Hinson engine and transmission mounts and couldn't be happier. Engine mounts come in two sizes. Same size as OEM and 3/8" shorter. I would get the same size as OEM. That way driveshaft alignment is not affected. This upgrade makes the car feel so much better, solid and firm. Mine is M6 so transmission mount made huge difference in the way stick shift feels. As for vibration, I feel that if there is already vibration on the car due to some other worn out or misaligned parts, poly mounts will exaggerate it. Otherwise, it shouldn't make noticeable difference.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Welcome. I went with white line poly MMs, they were the most inexpensive interlocked mounts from a reputable brand that I could find. I do get a vibration when cruising at 1500rpm still. I also used a new OEM trans mount (M6) with a revshift insert.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies!

I just ordered the Hinson poly MM’s and Hinson poly TM!
Hopefully the NVH will not be unbearable. Although it cant be worse then riding with a collapsed OEM mount lol.

I will update soon!

·
Registered
679 Posts
There's also a solid rubber OEM replacement available for our cars - I couldn't afford 'performance' mounts, and wasn't a fan of fluid-filled mounts, either. Glad I found a 3rd option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's also a solid rubber OEM replacement available for our cars - I couldn't afford 'performance' mounts, and wasn't a fan of fluid-filled mounts, either. Glad I found a 3rd option.
The Hinson MM’s weren’t bad the TM was pricey though...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I had some motor mounts from RocksandRacing or something (vendor that isn't around anymore) and they failed at an open track event. Replaced them with the whiteline interlocked mounts and also added a Hinson TM at the same time and the car felt much better. Just had the tranny mount out while doing a clutch and I noticed some of the elastomer had delaminated from the sheet metal but it still seems quite stiff and not showing any signs of collapse like the OEM one that came out. I have yet to hear anything bad about the Hinson MM's though so you shouldn't have any issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
Hinson MM and Hinson TM are in!

The peddle feels great and the shifts are crisp. NVH is noticeable at idle. Id say it vibrates about as much as it did with the bad OEM mount. Kind of like bass from a subwoofer fading in and out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Update:
Hinson MM and Hinson TM are in!

The peddle feels great and the shifts are crisp. NVH is noticeable at idle. Id say it vibrates about as much as it did with the bad OEM mount. Kind of like bass from a subwoofer fading in and out.

The vibrations die down considerably after a couple hundred miles. Even cam'd I have very little vibration

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The vibrations die down considerably after a couple hundred miles. Even cam'd I have very little vibration
I figured they will settle in a bit. Took the car on the highway last night. No noticeable vibrations at HWY speeds. Love em so far!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts