LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm heading to Moneta, VA over Windy Gap Mountain on its steep, winding two lane, double yellow line road. The Goat's in 3rd gear and climbing effortlessly through the 15mph turns... at about 40mph. I come upon a Mitsubishi Eclipse heading up the mountain. He sees me looming in his rearview mirror and decides to open the gap.

He can't.

All the way up and all the way down the mountain I EASILY stay right with him. Not following too closely, but always looming in his rearview. At the first passing zone at the base of the mountain, I stomp the throttle and shoot past him. Before I hit 5th gear he's a spec far behind me.

I slow down to a reasonable 80mph. These are country roads, deserted and wonderfully curvy. Eventually I see the Eclipse has caught me. At the next passing zone, he moves left to overtake me... as if he could. I drop into 3rd and rev through to 5th and he is again a spec.

This game continues for 30 miles of very fun roads, and when we finally reach civilization, the Eclipse pulls beside me at a red light and gives me a BIG thumbs up. I smile and wave, thanking him for a great drive.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Sound like a great ride. As I was reading this I thought maybe the guy in the Eclipse would be pissed at you for flooring it when he tries to pass. If he wasn't the type of person to enjoy a little road fun he might have given you a finger instead of a thumb ;)

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
FLORIT said:
This game continues for 30 miles of very fun roads, and when we finally reach civilization, the Eclipse pulls beside me at a red light and gives me a BIG thumbs up. I smile and wave, thanking him for a great drive.
I absolutely love running into people like that on the road, makes the drive so much more fun...happened yesterday with a 350Z vert, luckily traffic never really opened up enough or I would've been killed. He was on me like white on rice the whole way thru traffic.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sound like a great ride. As I was reading this I thought maybe the guy in the Eclipse would be pissed at you for flooring it when he tries to pass. If he wasn't the type of person to enjoy a little road fun he might have given you a finger instead of a thumb
Very true, I HATE it when people suddenly speed up when theres an overtaking lane and then go under the limit when you cant pass. Obviously not what happened here tho, nice kill.

·
got rice?
480 Posts
White Rider said:
Very true, I HATE it when people suddenly speed up when theres an overtaking lane and then go under the limit when you cant pass. Obviously not what happened here tho, nice kill.
That's the beauty of torque without pork.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts