LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
_________
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered a job within my company to manage the engineering dept in our OC office. I'm probably gonna take it. I grew up in Tustin, but haven't lived there since I was 18 (13 years ago) so I know the area (at least what it used to be like). Whats the housing market like in OC these days? Has it gone down much over the past year?

·
Registered
104 Posts
We'll miss you up in the SCV. The values in OC have taken a real nose dive this past 9 months. I just sold a townhome for my assistant's husband's best man that dropped $100K of a comp'd asking price. It closed escrow last week.
I generally only sell in SCV, SFV, and AV. I had one of my associates (a top producer down there) in one of our OC offce's assist me on the OC deal since he is down there. If you need help send me an email and I'll hook you up with a GTO bro deal.
[email protected]
Bob

·
Registered
101 Posts
Expect inflated housing prices.
Some prices have dropped in Orange County (depending on the area), but unless you want to live in Riverside or San Bernardino Counties your still going to be paying a lot for a new home.
Rents are still up too. This whole inflation in prices has a lot of people waiting on the sidelines.
However, the bright side is that more and more houses are coming on the market, so buyers have more to choose from. Sux if your selling :)
Competition is a bitch! haha...
I pity the people that bought at inflated prices as short-term investments in the last couple years. Some are loosing their shirts!:gr_jest:

·
Registered
385 Posts
watch out for old asian ladies in toyota siennas...they will kill your car

·
_________
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HYPR said:
We'll miss you up in the SCV. The values in OC have taken a real nose dive this past 9 months. I just sold a townhome for my assistant's husband's best man that dropped $100K of a comp'd asking price. It closed escrow last week.
I generally only sell in SCV, SFV, and AV. I had one of my associates (a top producer down there) in one of our OC offce's assist me on the OC deal since he is down there. If you need help send me an email and I'll hook you up with a GTO bro deal.
[email protected]
Bob
Thanks for the offer. I wont be moving until spring or summer (I dont want to yank the kids out of school mid-year). I'm trying to decide if I should buy or not, I sold my last house a year ago and have been renting, trying to see if I could play the market, seems to have worked so far.

By the way, I saw you driving your '56 a couple of weeks ago. I was in my wife's Tahoe so I didn't wave, I figured you wouldn't know who the fool was waving to ya from a Tahoe. Very nice car.

·
_________
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nut said:
I pity the people that bought at inflated prices as short-term investments in the last couple years. Some are loosing their shirts!:gr_jest:
Those are the people I'm looking for:gr_devil:

·
Registered
104 Posts
jbk said:
Thanks for the offer. I wont be moving until spring or summer (I dont want to yank the kids out of school mid-year). I'm trying to decide if I should buy or not, I sold my last house a year ago and have been renting, trying to see if I could play the market, seems to have worked so far.

By the way, I saw you driving your '56 a couple of weeks ago. I was in my wife's Tahoe so I didn't wave, I figured you wouldn't know who the fool was waving to ya from a Tahoe. Very nice car.
Thanks for the kudos on the '56. Thought I saw you but wasn't sure.
Yep you sold at the right time. Spring may be just fine if the interest rates hold out, because right now they are smokin'. If the rates do hold out then you will be in the perverbial right place at the right time. Those who follow the financial market in housing are saying the major part of the pricing slide has already happened and the next adjustment will be interest rate driven which is not good for a buyer unless of course you are payiing cash (yeah right!). Although there is likely a smaller adjustment for inventory however the spring run may even this out so we are likely not to see much in the way of pricing drop across the board just in some price ranges.
Too much money talk I'm getting a headache!
Anyway good luck with the new job and forget about the old ladies in the Toyota's, watch out the the pricks in the Porsche's and the snobs in the Beemer's both on cell phones who think the world owes them!
Bob

·
Registered
506 Posts
ss496 said:
watch out for old asian ladies in toyota siennas...they will kill your car
:mswerd:

The first lesson is... park in Podunk.

The second lesson is... you can tell how they drive by where the damage is on their vehicle.

The third lesson is... they absolutely will run a red light thru a turn. And they will do it without looking in your direction.

Good luck on the housing. Rent is high and scarce unless you rent an older condo that someone has owned for more than 3-4 years (lower mortgage).

·
Registered
506 Posts
danrieke said:
:mswerd:

The first lesson is... park in Podunk.

The second lesson is... you can tell how they drive by where the damage is on their vehicle.

The third lesson is... they absolutely will run a red light thru a turn. And they will do it without looking in your direction.

Good luck on the housing. Rent is high and scarce unless you rent an older condo that someone has owned for more than 3-4 years (lower mortgage).
Epilogue: Was over at "Taco Tuesday" in Irvine tonight. First time taking the wife out in the Goat since Pedders and GMM install. (Even as a passenger she felt a huge difference!!)

Anyway, when we finished dinner to go home, walked back to Podunk to the Goat.

Clustered way out there in non-adjoining spaces... CLK 55 AMG, BMW 740i, Viper RT, Porsche Carrera, with our IBM babydoll amongst them.

The Mustangs were all parked in door-ding country.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts