LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving to Texas (San Antonio) from Florida and found out there is emissions testing in Texas. We have nothing of the sort in Florida and I have a cammed car with catless mids. Anyone know what the requirements are and what I'll need to do to pass?

I'm assuming it can't be that stringent as I know y'all got some fast cars in texas.

·
Registered
954 Posts
No Check Engine Light can be lit, and most of the sensors have to show a 'Ready' state (Torque Pro app for android will show you this). You are allowed to have 1 in a not-ready state, per TX regulations for our year model cars.

I haven't seen anyone physically check for a cat. in forever.

Once a vehicle hits 25yrs old, there is no further emissions test. Our GTOs dont qualify (yet) but it's worth noting. It made things easier when I dropped a new vortec 350 in my 1989 Chev pickup.

·
Registered Winner
7,681 Posts
I failed a visual once. The dude was a fucking prick about it too. It was in South Houston and I saw the guy shaking his head as I pulled up to the parking lot. Not sure what his problem was, but I really didn't have any recourse other than, "Are you going to believe your lying eyes, or me?"

·
baaaad 2 the bone
2,188 Posts
There's a couple shops in SA that'll pass it. PM me.

Reactions: SAPGoat

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Id be SOL on both vehicles. Which would suck if i ever did move anywhere with requirements. id probably never retag

·
Registered
460 Posts
Really depends on the shop, the tech working that day, and if he is a prick(or thinks your undercover cop)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm moving to Texas (San Antonio) from Florida and found out there is emissions testing in Texas. We have nothing of the sort in Florida and I have a cammed car with catless mids. Anyone know what the requirements are and what I'll need to do to pass?

I'm assuming it can't be that stringent as I know y'all got some fast cars in texas.
As long as a good tuner did you tune shouldn't be an issue as long as they don't look for cats, Monitors must be ready-completed. I wasn't allowed to state my 05 twin-turbo at work because no cats just went to a local place by the house and stated it for 5 years..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As long as a good tuner did you tune shouldn't be an issue as long as they don't look for cats, Monitors must be ready-completed. I wasn't allowed to state my 05 twin-turbo at work because no cats just went to a local place by the house and stated it for 5 years..
Good to hear. My tuner is a rock star so I have no doubts I can pass the monitor check. The cats will be a problem for sure if they check lol. If you don't mind please pm me the shop you used. I'll give them some business for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts