LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would I be able to find a mp112 1:1 setup for my 06 GTO? I was looking on the Magnuson site but didn't see it. Also, how much does it usually cost to change over?

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Magnuson sold all their inventory to superchargersonline dot com. Try giving them a call and see if they have any left. They are the 3" 8 rib rears from the stock corvette setup. I did it myself, you need to have access to a press and be careful not to crack the rear case taking them off. I think they were about $200 for the pulleys.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Magnuson did not sell all of their inventory to Superchargers online. SO is a dealer
I when I talked to Magnuson 3 weeks ago regarding a 112 pulley that is what the sales person told me. They then gave me SO's number and told me to call them.

Edit: I was talking about only the inventory of the older MP and TVS stuff.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
IMO, I would go with a TVS as I am guessing you will get a warranty. I doubt that is available for any of the old MP's. If you decide to go with a MP makes sure it is compatible. It is different for the 04's then the one for 05-06.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SO has what I need for the 1:1 setup. Thank you guys for the help! While I am at it is there a better setup for fuel than the boost a pump? Maybe a higher flow factory replacement?

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
If your serious about a Maggie. I have a very VERY low mileage 2.3L sitting on the shelf at home. Has a whole lot of "gooder" parts to go with it. I'm not giving it away, but it is 25% off the going rate for a NIB one.

Just a thought. PM me if you have any interest. It WILL work on an 04 LS1. I've done it. With a cam, headers, and a good calibration it'll put 600 to the wheels. Mine peaked at 598 at 4000ft elevation on 91 pump fuel.

·
Send Nudes
4,565 Posts
Don't waste your money. Sell the 112, get any of the vastly superior superchargers that are out there.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Don't waste your money. Sell the 112, get any of the vastly superior superchargers that are out there.
Even though I still run a 112, and get crazy power out of it, Ive done pretty much everything possible to push it to the absolute limit over the years. That being said, If I was starting over I would go with a different blower. Not that you cant make 500-550+whp with a 112 on an LS2, it just takes more work.

SO has what I need for the 1:1 setup. Thank you guys for the help! While I am at it is there a better setup for fuel than the boost a pump? Maybe a higher flow factory replacement?
You can get a Deatschwerks or Aeromotive drop in that will flow more than stock. If you need more than that you can get a Magnuson fuel regulator from a truck kit that mounts on the maggie rail and is return style instead of a dead head. Then delete evap and use the hard line as a return and add a second boost referenced walbro in the bucket and you have a pretty decent return style system using OEM quality parts that will support quite a bit more HP. That's what I have on my E85 setup and been 100% issue free for over 5 years at 560whp.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
"Even though I still run a 112, and get crazy power out of it, Ive done pretty much everything possible to push it to the absolute limit over the years. That being said, If I was starting over I would go with a different blower. Not that you cant make 500-550+whp with a 112 on an LS2, it just takes more work."

Amen to that. I love stories like this. I've taken a 2.9L Whipple about as far as it can go on an engine I'm working on presently. Were in the 1200 range for rwhp.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
LongRifles said:
Amen to that. I love stories like this. I've taken a 2.9L Whipple about as far as it can go on an engine I'm working on presently. Were in the 1200 range for rwhp.
Honestly now its just turned into a personal challenge to see how much power I can make with this little guy. We've been through a lot together lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love to do a LSA or TVS supercharger but, being a single full custody dad it's just not in the budget anytime soon. Right now I just want to make a little more than what I am preferably with out creating pieces. I bought this GTO with the 112 on for a decent price but, I have body work to do too. Maybe in a few years I can do something a little crazier. I appreciate all the feedback!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Honestly now its just turned into a personal challenge to see how much power I can make with this little guy. We've been through a lot together lol.[/QUOTE]

I know this post is about a year old, but I'm in the same situation. Just trying to push the lil heatbox to the limit. So far I'm at 560rwhp on 93/Meth. Plan on putting in a electric water pump tomorrow and getting a new tune. Car is tuned way too rich

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
Where would I be able to find a mp112 1:1 setup for my 06 GTO? I was looking on the Magnuson site but didn't see it. Also, how much does it usually cost to change over?
Why not swap the rear pulleys for overdrive, then use a large front pully to slow it down and get better belt grip. that's what I did years ago. Add an Active Interchiller and you're golden.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts