LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MTI
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About two months ago, MTI finished it's first GTO with a new prototype engine. The displacement is 455 cubic inches using a Darton MID block.

Baseline stock numbers were 291 rwhp and 308 rwtq

Final rear wheel #'s naturally aspirated? 519 rwhp and 527 rwtq

That's a 227 rwhp increase! And these numbers were developed with an extremely small camshaft for this size motor and through catalytic converters. A copy of the dyno graph is attached for your review.

Complete details on this package are available on our homepage at www.motorsporttech.com - just go to the online brochures section and click on the 455 GTO conversion.

It's not an inexpensive conversion, but for the GTO owner who's looking for the ultimate in NA performance without sacrificing driveability, this may be something to consider.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
nice and it was posted all over these boards about 2-3 months ago. ;)

Welcome!

·
MTI
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but we weren't a sponsor yet so I couldn't chime in or talk about the specifics on it!

I hate being on the outside looking in :gr_jest:

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Is there much gain with the g1 cam over the Stealth II.I recently installed the comp grind stealth II and then there you go and come up w/ a new grind used in your GTO package.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
What a sweet package.

NA power owns :hail:

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Hey guys,He made a mistake. He posted the sheet from their G-Force kit.Cut him some slack.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Whew, that'd be completely sick power for street use. I can only imagine what the guy driving the Viper would think when a new school GTO blows his doors off. ;)

·
DOG
626 Posts
This is a word of warning, and not necessarily a complaint against MTI because I'm sure if you choose to do what I recommend, they'd have no issues with it.

DO NOT USE DARTON SLEEVED BLOCKS. I have heard of all sorts of problems with them and longevity is a big issue. If you really want displacement, use the C5R block. I thoroughly agree that there are a large number of people out there with darton blocks and no issues whatsoever, but there are a good number of horror stories and when the sleeve lets go, its going to destroy your motor. Its not like a bad bearing or something.

That said, these numbers are great, and just prove that there is no replacement for displacement. I do hope this isn't running through a stock drivetrain.

·
MTI
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I'm a moron sometimes, I admit it!

I've got so many dyno sheets on my desktop that sometimes I link the wrong one (like now) ..... but the correct dyno sheet is now up and viewable!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Poolfanatic said:
OK, I'm a moron sometimes, I admit it!

I've got so many dyno sheets on my desktop that sometimes I link the wrong one (like now) ..... but the correct dyno sheet is now up and viewable!
Wowsers. Yeah, I like that one much better. So, you guys are going to get CARB certification for on-road use right? Right? Guys? Hey, where are you going?! Guys!! :eek2: :confused: :cry:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Poolfanatic said:
About two months ago, MTI finished it's first GTO with a new prototype engine. The displacement is 455 cubic inches using a Darton MID block.

Baseline stock numbers were 291 rwhp and 308 rwtq

Final rear wheel #'s naturally aspirated? 519 rwhp and 527 rwtq

That's a 227 rwhp increase! And these numbers were developed with an extremely small camshaft for this size motor and through catalytic converters. A copy of the dyno graph is attached for your review.

Complete details on this package are available on our homepage at www.motorsporttech.com - just go to the online brochures section and click on the 455 GTO conversion.

It's not an inexpensive conversion, but for the GTO owner who's looking for the ultimate in NA performance without sacrificing driveability, this may be something to consider.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

David Coates
MTI
Hey David, I'll be there tomorrow on another dyno pull. I brought my GTO in last Saturday late. I know tomorrow you have a dyno day but I'll be there early. Keep up the wonderful work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts