LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very easy install. Took my tech about 20 min from start to finish. Seat of the pants says there is hella power to be had. More power on initial throttle onset and feels more powerful up top. I need a tune so bad now. I've done so many more modifications and feel I'm in desprate need of one. I have to hold off till the longtubes go on as well as the gears. The long tubes came in but you won't believe what happened when I opened the box.

Dougie

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Well?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
at the merge collector on the passenger side where the four runners meet inside of the merge collector is not blocked off. Put four fingers together and where they meet in the center (if you fingers were runners) there would be some space. This space would normally be blocked off by a piece of metal so that it won't leak from the other side. Mine is open with nothing stopping one huge leak. I hope steelworks pays for the shipping back and ships me out a new one.

·
21,898 Posts
gtodoug said:
at the merge collector on the passenger side where the four runners meet inside of the merge collector is not blocked off. Put four fingers together and where they meet in the center (if you fingers were runners) there would be some space. This space would normally be blocked off by a piece of metal so that it won't leak from the other side. Mine is open with nothing stopping one huge leak. I hope steelworks pays for the shipping back and ships me out a new one.
that sucks........they should pay for the shipping. Do you know if that TB could fit with my s/c?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's not much bigger than stock but it's a work of art and did I mention how good chrome looks in the engine bay?

·
21,898 Posts
gtodoug said:
Yeah, it's not much bigger than stock but it's a work of art and did I mention how good chrome looks in the engine bay?
do you think a novice person could install it themselves?

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
you should stop the moding race tell i get my stuff! :banghead: :banghead:

i hate you man ! LOL i know if i keep reading your posts , by the end of 2005 my car is goin to be 900rwhp :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

way to go , keep us updated, video's and 1/4 times :hail: :hail: :hail:

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
btw what is the size of the TB?

·
Registered
506 Posts
he said it was a mti

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
spelling

You need to slap Murphy in the face. I hate crap like that. You wait and wait until the package arrives, then . . .You open the box to find out the product is screwed!!! Now you have to wait MORE . . . Well, here's your chance to get some NITTO 555 drags for your car so you can put the power to the ground. What RPMs did you launch at againts the SL600? Just think, with the drags you could jump out the hole at 3500 with just a chirp . . . Oh yeah!

Doc

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is the pics of the header so that you can understand what I'm talking about. Hopefully they step up and cover the shipping. I'll know when I talk to them tomorrow.

Here is one pic with how it should look:

This is the one that isn't welded up:

The guys had started to pull the car down and had to put everything back together. Thank god they realized it before they had removed the shorties. Sorry for the pics size.

·
BIG G
278 Posts
Yea that sucksto get ready and then oops. Hey gtodoug let us know the increase in power for the TB. I am doing the afr heads, 224cam, pulley, cai, headers and my shop wants the 90 fast intake and TB. So this would be helpful to see the power increase. TGhe setup I am using is the exact parts AFR used on their corvette and made 480rwhp and rwtq over 400.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm, that is a ton of power. I can't imagine what that's like. On my 1-2 shift I can keep second gear burning the tires off until it's time to shift again. With another 60-70hp on tap I couldn't imagine what it would be like. I was really torn on whether or not to do the FAST setup now but I'll wait a bit for the stroker shortblock install.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Those are Stainless Works headers???

No "goulette" in the center???

Cripe, even the cheapie JBA shorties for Fords have the center "spike" to aid in flow...

Makes me wonder... :huh:

Ed

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
So, can the average joe install that TB? At least a joe that has some car knowledge.

Doc

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, it's really simple. Maybe it looked easier because we(Ron/Brian the tech's that built the car) had already done the tb bypass as well.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
If you can remove a few bolts, disconnect two hoses, and then reassemble, you can do a TB swap. I've had mine for a while now.

Doug, how much did your's cost?

Jason

1 - 20 of 40 Posts