LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will any shop do it here in california?
if no what if I say it's only intended for off-road use?

I want to be able to remove mufflers and install pipe and remove the pipe and install mufflers...

Am I making any sence??

·
Omertà
5,320 Posts
I did the muffler delete 3 months ago & love it. Ran flanged, straight pipes in place of the mufflers, so I can "bolt-on" new ones if the popo starts to have a problem. I think, though, it is illegal in all states not to run a muffler. Cali. would probably be worse/more strict. :judge:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats exactly what I want to do, but I know for sure most if not all muffler shops will say "HELL NO" and point to the door.... does anyone have one for sale?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well im in florida, and 2 places have given me quotes and havent said anything about it being illegal... whats the fine if caught? im starting to consider getting flowmasters.... dus anyone make a direct bolt on replacement good sounding muffler?? SORRY TO JACK THE TREAD

·
Omertà
5,320 Posts
There was/is a member who was making them...don't know if any more are available. I had a custom shop do mine...no questions asked. However they did have a sign on the door saying something to the effect of "Don't ask me to remove your cats & I won't ask you to pay the $2500 penalty."

Link...http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94920

·
Only real GTO is a Ferrari..
797 Posts
I got a set..
I dont like the sound..
they're really nice.. if you want em make an offer

·
In Tune and On Time.....
1,538 Posts
No, those premade ones won't fit an 04.

·
Omertà
5,320 Posts
Ooops...I dunno if they work on an "04.:confused: May want to do a search under "04 muffler delete"

·
PANCAKE CITY
1,622 Posts
CaliGTO where you from in Nor-Cal?
If you want to plug up I can take you to the shop that did mine
shoot me a pm if you're interested

1 - 10 of 10 Posts