LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out minding my own bizzzniss on a Saturday morning when I came across this all gussied up convertible Mustang GT with the plate that said "GO PONY" in front of me. He was just cruising around too. We were on these kind of back/main roads with twists and turns. I knew this road like the back of my hand, it's one of my favorite areas to cruise. We were coming up to this stop sign, I was thinking out loud saying "please take a right, oh please please". Guess what.......he took the right:). I was right on his bumper, road ahead was clear (its about 3/4s of a mile or so of open stright road) when all of a sudden he gets on it, and starts to pull away. Well, being in second I punched it, moved to the left of him and blew past him like he had "duty" in his pants. By the time I got back in front of him and pulled away it was getting to the part of the road that takes a sharp right hand turn. I down shifted into third and took the turn like a professional. As I came to the end of the turn, I could see him just rounding the turn not even trying to catch up. His "GO PONY" plate should read "GTO NO PONY".hehehehe

ROK

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
ROKS ROCKET said:
I was out minding my own bizzzniss on a Saturday morning when I came across this all gussied up convertible Mustang GT with the plate that said "GO PONY" in front of me. He was just cruising around too. We were on these kind of back/main roads with twists and turns. I knew this road like the back of my hand, it's one of my favorite areas to cruise. We were coming up to this stop sign, I was thinking out loud saying "please take a right, oh please please". Guess what.......he took the right:). I was right on his bumper, road ahead was clear (its about 3/4s of a mile or so of open stright road) when all of a sudden he gets on it, and starts to pull away. Well, being in second I punched it, moved to the left of him and blew past him like he had "duty" in his pants. By the time I got back in front of him and pulled away it was getting to the part of the road that takes a sharp right hand turn. I down shifted into third and took the turn like a professional. As I came to the end of the turn, I could see him just rounding the turn not even trying to catch up. His "GO PONY" plate should read "GTO NO PONY".hehehehe

ROK
Nice......love beaten those 'stangs..... :cool:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Nothing funnier than a Stang GT and a body kit. For the price it's great you can get a 5spd, RWD, and run low 14's but it's the Cobra, Saleen, Rousch envy that GT owners sometimes get that leaves me puzzled.

For example, Rousch stage 1-2 are nothing but highly expensive body kits, with wheels and CAI, exhaust for a GT. Why ? Stage 3 gets a blower and some balls, pony up some cash ?

Anywho, sounds like a fun run

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
Re-Plate 'Em "Slo-Poggy"

Yeah, Roks ... dat be mindin' b'ness the right way .. Nice Kill, Bro!
. . . BBD is Smilling Large for you. :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Adam4356 said:
Nothing funnier than a Stang GT and a body kit. For the price it's great you can get a 5spd, RWD, and run low 14's but it's the Cobra, Saleen, Rousch envy that GT owners sometimes get that leaves me puzzled.

For example, Rousch stage 1-2 are nothing but highly expensive body kits, with wheels and CAI, exhaust for a GT. Why ? Stage 3 gets a blower and some balls, pony up some cash ?

Anywho, sounds like a fun run
i know exactly what you mean and i agree. i can't stand the guys who put on the roush body kit, cobra wing and badges, etc. and when they do it on a V6. gimme a damn break. are you trying to scare people with how ridiculous your car looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts