1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
yeah i guess it would suck but i wouldn't consider the GTO a sports car.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
svede1212 said:
If the mustang is, then what is the goat?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
In popular surveys done on food, a Big Mac outranked filet mignon. Mustang is the opiate of the masses

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
pony - muscle. just like they always were. to me at least sports cars are primarily 2 seaters (and believe me i think the mustang is). the GTO is invisible on most peoples radar too. this poll was the result of searches on MSN auto.
on the way home i had the oft mentioned "whoa it's a GTO" from a bunch of kids in an expedition at a traffic light. they were leaning out asking me questions and obviously oblivious that the GTOs were out again 'til they saw mine. we need to spread the word :)

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:sneaky: I like the fact that Christine is a sleeper :zzz: :zzz:

·
Registered
541 Posts
rferr said:
De gustibus non est disputandum!
I was thinking the verb goes at the end, but maybe this is conversational Latin.
What an erudite bunch of members we have, Renaissance people all.
Well, maybe some. :sneaky:
As to the survey cited, "Illegitimi non carborundum!!!!"
GIT 'ER DONE!!!

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
That list is bs anyway. We all know the STi should be at the top of the pile ;)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i would like to know how they rank those things. in terms value, corvette is buy and way the above the rest, IMO.

·
Registered
523 Posts
svede1212 said:
Neither would I. I believe the GTO belongs in the category that is referred to as "Sporty" cars. When you've got the time, follow the msn.com link, above, and compare the interior and exterior dimensions of the Goat with those of the sports car "favorites." I looked at the BMW M-3, which appeared to me to resemble the Goat most closely. For all but two dimensions given, our Favorite was longer, higher, and wider. For Front Head room, the Goat was 37.3" v. 37.5"; Rear Shoulder room was 51.7" v. 52.7". Ours is 310 lbs. heavier than the M-3 coupe version. Neither bad, nor good; but it's not fat; it represents essential differences.

By the way, the M-3 MSRP started at $47.1K.

Not a fair comparison for either car, and I'll bet the contrasts for the other "sport" cars are just as telling as they're not the same genre. (The Mustang's in a "class" of its own.)

I'm not for hiding my head in the sand. But, I'm not looking for anybody's endorsement of my automotive preferences, either. Also, I'm not bothered by the '05 GTO enhancements. Speaking only for myself, I'm planning to keep my '04 for a long while, and I don't intend to race it on the strip or the street. Those concerened about resale value and competitive performance against its '05 sibling have legitimate issues. I'm just content to continue enjoying my beautiful car.
:thumbs: :driving: :thumbs:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
capra2d said:
Neither would I. I believe the GTO belongs in the category that is referred to as "Sporty" cars. When you've got the time, follow the msn.com link, above, and compare the interior and exterior dimensions of the Goat with those of the sports car "favorites." I looked at the BMW M-3, which appeared to me to resemble the Goat most closely. For all but two dimensions given, our Favorite was longer, higher, and wider. For Front Head room, the Goat was 37.3" v. 37.5"; Rear Shoulder room was 51.7" v. 52.7". Ours is 310 lbs. heavier than the M-3 coupe version. Neither bad, nor good; but it's not fat; it represents essential differences.

Not a fair comparison for either car, and I'll bet the contrasts for the other "sport" cars are just as telling as they're not the same genre. (The Mustang's in a "class" of its own.)

I'm not for hiding my head in the sand. But, I'm not looking for anybody's endorsement of my automotive preferences, either. Also, I'm not bothered by the '05 GTO enhancements. Speaking only for myself, I'm planning to keep my '04 for a long while, and I don't intend to race it on the strip or the street. Those concerened about resale value and competitive performance against its '05 sibling have legitimate issues. I'm just content to continue enjoying my beautiful car.
Yeah, the Mustang's got its own class all right. Remedial Motorsports. Heh heh.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
ya, i looked at their "best beaches in the U.S.". apparently they haven't been to the west coast of Michigan. the beaches on Lake Michigan with white sand, friendly people and no jelly fish, sharks or salt water you have to wash off didn't make the list.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
capra2d said:

I don't consider a BMW a sports car though

·
Registered
523 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
I don't consider a BMW a sports car though
I''m sure you're right.

As 04bluegto said, "Every list MSN does its on crack."

Face it, it's all BS. Ask 50 people to define "sports car;" you'll get 60 answers. :banghead:

·
Registered
264 Posts
i wouldn't look twice at any list that has farrari, and lambogini as 9 and 10... after the number 2 350 Z.... don't get me wrong the z car is a great one... but no way is it better then these two... or the viper.... who the heck does these things...

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
yourguyry said:
i wouldn't look twice at any list that has farrari, and lambogini as 9 and 10... after the number 2 350 Z.... don't get me wrong the z car is a great one... but no way is it better then these two... or the viper.... who the heck does these things...
yeah i agree.

again, i would like to know their criteria for "best". my guess from the list is that it is based on "consumer sentiment". and since the RUSTANG is the number one selling car in america, what else would you expect.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts