LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

They are just sat on for pic. I am doing the Lund scoops to get 04 look but so down road i can remove and be stock once again, with out having to store the original hood. Allso at 1/3 the price. Yes not functional but for my application look is good anought. I will be adding a couple suprises to the hood i will post pics later. :) updated Aug. 13th
I have desided to leave my GTO 100% BONE STOCK. The scoops are back at the store. I started out with a plan and desided to stay with it. You ever go to a car show and see a ride with all the paper work from day 1 off assembaly line? It impresses me well :secret: Lets put it this way some may say I have been very anal :gr_jest:

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Hmmm, they look like they are sitting much higher that the 05 scoops. Price is right,
but not something I would consider. It's all about what you like anyway.
Nice Pic.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
I would re-think that..

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
as long as your happy with them thats all that matters

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
richknapp said:

thye are just sat on for pic. I am doing the Lund scoops to get 04 look but so down road i can remove and be stock once again, with out having to store the original hood. Allso at 1/3 the price. Yes not functional but for my application look is good anought. I will be adding a couple suprises to the hood i will post pics later. :)
They look ok Rich, but having "fake" scoops on your car is like putting a Ferrari badge on a Pinto. Yes, please rethink this move Rich. Get the real thing, not only do they look better, but with the air box set up you'll have the extra HP. Plus when you open your hood to show off your power plant people will see that they are only fake. Take a look at the pics of mine with the real thing installed on my homepage link below. This is just my opinion Rich, its your GTO, you paid for it, so do what you want.

ROK

·
Registered
761 Posts
I spose most people will think it looks good, but u will loose a lot of cred with "car people" with a fake setup. Not that you should worry about what others think about you of course:)

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Fake body openings are for Mustangs.

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
They seem just a little too big to me.
Something that is flatter might go with the GTO's lines better.

I like that 3 car garage and the Purple. Saw my first Purple 1 in NC last week.

·
3,327 Posts
mistermike said:
Fake body openings are for Mustangs.
:confused: And for '64 Pontiac GTO's?

I dont care for them, but not because they are not functional. I think they are a little too tall up front. Otherwise, I see nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well with all the negative feed back and the more i have thought about it ya i am not going to do it.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
richknapp said:
Well with all the negative feed back and the more i have thought about it ya i am not going to do it.
Rich -

Above all else remember one thing - do what makes you happy because it's your car. Who gives a crap what other people think?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts