LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Lovin my GEE TEE OOOOOO!!!
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the track and I thought i would share my times
i have never been on a track before so my very first run on the engine only was a disapointing 15.142. 94.93 mph
i don't think i was staged right and i left the tracion control on and was in drive
my second run i hosed it right out of the hole and won the best burn out contest of the night, don't know how i am going to get all the rubber off my rear fender
and ran 15.848 aT 102.11 MPH
but after i got the hang of things heres of things panned out!

R/T .408
60FT 2.179
1/4 13.770
MPH 104.17

R/T .192
60ft 2.127
1/4 13.687
mph 103.90

R/T .156
60ft 2.152
1/4 13.586
mph 105.38

R/T .127
60ft 2.130
1/4 13.622
mph 103.96

couldn't hit the NOS out of the hole so getting some tire next time
plus will bump up the NOS from 75 to 125
also will take out the spare and jack plus the 100lbs of amps and subs out of the trunk hope to be in the high 12's anyways
no other mods so far tried to find a fipk kit but k&n said on back order
over all very happy with the results
made it to the finals in the bracket race, got beat by a 10 second mustang o well
will keep ya posted

any one els got any times to share?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I see you took my advice. Nice to see you over here :)

My results from this weekend are in another thread.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
You need drags on the rear to put the power down. Pretty darn good times for your first time out! What NOS system did you go with and is it wet or dry? Also, is it a stealty install!!!

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DOC GTO

as for your question , its just a 75 horse wet dry system, nothing too crazy
it can be removed real easy in case of some warranty work needed, and i think it will really hook up with some tire, we will soon see!

as for 04srt4

it seems you have a bit of bottled up anger
but i can undersand being stuck driving a neon around, don't you have any friends that will let you ride in their ls1, it may help you with your anger :banghead:

and to the rest of the members :secret:

it's nice to see you are infested with a** holes too, like most other fourms on the net it keeps things interesting.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
new goat said:
DOC GTO

and to the rest of the members :secret:

it's nice to see you are infested with a** holes too, like most other fourms on the net it keeps things interesting.
lately there has been a big influx of anuses :gr_jest:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I don't know WHY I was thinking that 04srt4 was a nice guy. Guess I was wrong.

Can we start requiring VINs like the MYGMLINK site for membership here DY?

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
04srt4 said:
U obviously are not an old school musclecar guy just an imitator.
So says the driver of an SRT4. :rolleyes: Classic, just classic. Really, this ought to be in the troll's hall of fame.

Glad you had fun New Goat. For the first time at the track, not too bad. Important thing is to learn, have fun, and get better each time. LS1's love the bottle. :drink:

Padre

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well Einstein,
if you took the time to read the post you would have noticed that this was the first time i have ever been on a track, so yea, i could use some practice
but as for your comment about being old school, musclecar guy, i don't think someone driving a neon konws too much about old school muscle cars,
now you sould get off the computer before your mom catches you again and get some sleep so you can get up tomarrow and quit your job at mcdonalds and get a real job so you can afford a real car,
by the way we try not to run our cars on an 1/8 mile track its harder on our brakes!

nite nite looser

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 1970 454 vette that used to be my dad's. Also I'm a nice guy but you fellow gto owners know those times are ****ty with running nitrous. Don't be scared to tell him the truth. If you are I will keep every one in check. Yes I know I drive a neon and have heard it a million and 1 times now and it doesn't bother me at all. The funny thing is when I beat cars they are like I just got beat by a srt-4, but before we race they call it a neon.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Actually as I read it he couldn't get the Nitrous to work.

And what the F is wrong with calling it NOS anyway? If he has a system from Nitrous Oxide Systems, or NOS, then he DOES have NOS. So go ***** about the F&F to someone else.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah thanks you are pretty mature yourself if you did a little research u would know that I own a vette also. Also I read that it was your first time what you couldn't find your nos button. LOL U need to get off the computer and go practice. The funny thing is all the gto owners would be pissed if they ran those times with nos. Again I'm making fun of you about the nos thing it is called nitrous u ****ing tool. Well my unreal neon can whip your real car so I guess you must have the unreal car. Yes u have to spend 30k to buy a real car I must have missed that memo. So your car is better than mine b/c you spent more money. Wow you must be a philosopher with your genius like comments.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
04srt4 said:
I know what it stands for but no one calls it nos except punk ass kids and ****ty gto drivers. Do you say i have nos?
No. But that's because I don't. :p The fact is, whatever the "official" and "sanctioned" name for it, everyone KNOWS what you're talking about if you say NOS. So why not call it that? Quitchor*****en.

And who are you to use the term "punk ass kids"? Your behavior would seem to suggest that you are one yourself.

EDIT

And why is it that ASS isn't censored but it everything else is (that I've said anyway)?

·
8,959 Posts
04srt4 said:
Also only dumbass kids that worship Fast & Furious call it nos or naws.
04srt4 said:
The funny thing is all the gto owners would be pissed if they ran those times with nos.
No more need be said.

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
04srt4 said:
Yeah my behavior is much worse than new goat sure take sides.
There was no reason to take sides or criticize. His first run at the track. He had fun. That's all. You jabbed at him a bit in your first response. All fun. He jabbed back and all of a sudden it's no longer fun. You're the one who overreacted.

Padre

·
8,959 Posts
And if my earlier point wasn't clear enough: you're the one who criticized him for using the word "nos" and then turned around and did so yourself. Get over yourself already and have fun.

Let's not have this thread deleted, please.

Padre

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Ah Hem....

You are a big poopy head.

·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if it helps every one here to understand why i call it NOS, is because all my customers that come into my shop call it NOS, so if it make me money i will call it what ever my customers what to call it because they are the ones paying for my $ 30,000 NEWGOAT

now i'm new here and didn't post my tmes to get into some cyperfight

so if it offends some than i'm sorry, i'm sorry all the way to the BANK, cashing the checks of those "NOS kids".

1 - 20 of 76 Posts