LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after placing my order back in Oct 7, 2005 i got to drive it home. I dont have any pics yet but will soon. I have to say driving this car really made me nervous. I am not used to it yet and have not drove it fast. when i picked it up it only had 16 miles. The color is black on black with 18 inch rims and SAP. and its a automatic. Its not my daily driver so it sits in a storage unit with a car cover on it. They did give me 2 keys and a trunk key i believe cd but no security card. is there supposed to be one? they didnt seem to know anything about it. I paid invoice for it and got the military discount and 500 dollar cash thing as well. Its paid for so no car payment thank goodness. I have been told black is really hard to clean. and the body shop guys said be careful with the paint. and not to wash it or go though the brush car washes cause it will mess the paint up. I guess the paint still has to cure? One of the guys said to use dry car wash or something. One other thing i noticed is how not to many people seem to know what it is. and also stare at it to i noticed. any of you all get this to? let me know

·
Joe in TN
361 Posts
Check the front license plate holder for the security card. Congrats and enjoy your new toy.

·
06PBM 6SPD / 06BOM A-4
256 Posts
Congrats on your GOAT

I too have 2-Black cars sames as yours only red interior w/6-SPD and a Black WS6 TA. I would suggest that you get a good wash bucket, new wash mitt (always rinse well before each wash) use car wash soap only Blue Coral Meguires etc.. Wall Mart/PEP-Boys sells it and BUY A GOOD SHAMOIS AND ONLY USE MICRO-FIBRE OR BABY DIAPER TOWELS AND ALWAYS WASH IT YOUR SELF ONLY!! I would suggest that you never ever ever put a car cover on it ever you will scratch the paint and look into a clear bra to potect your front end (read what others have to say. The bugs are especially hard on black paint, Have your car clear-bra-ed, ASAP. If you stay on top it's easier to maintain it, lastly I use IBIZ Car Wax, the corvette club uses it, BMW/high-end exotic rollsroyce etc, It's easy to apply and very effective for black cars, one more:gears: thing check out the clay bar info on the other posts. Enjoy!

·
The Dude
441 Posts
Congrats on the new Goat! My advice on black - don't take it thru any car washes with brushes... they are a major source of scratches. Don't use dry car wash either. The only thing that touches my car when dry is a Cali Car Duster - and that's only when the car has light dust on it.

I don't quite agree with what was said about car covers. It depends a lot on whether you have a good one (I use a four-layer Noah cover from calcarcover.com) and how you prep the car before putting one on (NEVER put a cover on a dirty or dusty car).

As for paint protection, IMHO Zaino has all the others beat, including all the waxes. But that's just my 02 :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts