LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
hammer down!!
458 Posts
Could you post some pics of your custom lower arms, and the front suspension mods? Cool build!!

·
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I can't post pictures of the controll arms until they are ready for production. Sorry, hope you understand, it's just buisness.

·
hammer down!!
458 Posts
I can't post pictures of the controll arms until they are ready for production. Sorry, hope you understand, it's just buisness.
No problem, I didn't realize these were going to be a production item. Are you building a new Radius Rod? Maybe something to get rid of the RR bushing that is prone to failure? Maybe something like a hiem there? The front suspension on these cars are very similar to the Toyota Corolla GTS from the mid 80's (AE86 chassis) My friends Rolla has just about every piece of suspenssion made for one of those. I am invisioning something similar, as his control arms, and radius arms are both adjustable, and bushing less.

Awesome build BTW!!!!

·
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The control arm completely redesigns the radius rod so it attaches a heim joint to a clevis at the subframe. Also relocates the end link on the sway bar to mount to the lower control arm instead of the strut.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Subscribed, very interested. I'm a bigger fan of road racing, but increasing hoonability is never a bad thing. Looks like a fun buildup so far.

·
hammer down!!
458 Posts
@ Turk

"hoonability" LMFAO!! I love that term. Hoon till I die!!!!

·
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
here are my factory control arms with the endlink mod done. Before and after pics

·
GTSLOW
772 Posts
Yikes revshift????? I had those same motor mounts in my STOCK GTO and one got destroyed. I tried getting a hold of them and nothing. Terrible customer service I wouldn't recommend them to an enemy.

·
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)

- Shane Whalley -

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mucho props man, looks like fun!

Psyched for more pics, vids would be great too. Also, where is this? I'm a big fan of the abandoned warehouse vibe in the background of the first pic too.

Any other mods planned? Any issues with your setup so far? I'm sure some of your leanings would translate to road racing also.

·
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Detroit sanctioned street drift event, sports drone speedway in Clarksville indiana, and Auto City speedway in Clio MI.
Plans for 2013 is dog box Trans and twin turbo 408 hopefully. Wanna put down about 700whp next year.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Plans for 2013 is dog box Trans and twin turbo 408 hopefully. Wanna put down about 700whp next year.
Nice. Don't get me wrong, big power is totally awesome, but I'm even more interested in the dog box. Any initial research on it so far? Like I said, that's one of those things that would be awesome for road race /autox guys as well.

·
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Probably going to go with a jerico 4 speed. Seems like the best value for money. Drive train Is currently a higher priority than power right now. I can deal with only 400hp if I have a good drivetrain, but 700hp will destroy everything. Gotta do supporting mods first.

·
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Stock pump with a cooler. Just picked up a $40 Trans cooler kit to use for the PS system from advance auto parts. Works great.

·
DO A BARREL ROLL!!!!!
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
yeah me too lol. The front and rear both needs adjustable control arms so i can dial in my camber and toe better. Need adjustable radius rods to dial in caster. Without that the car will never be where it needs to be to be up to par with the other cars.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts