LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this Mustang in the commuting traffic and said to myself, "Too bad I'm not in the GTO." Anyway, we finally get side by side, first in line at a light, and I figure, "What the hell." I look over to the Mustang GT driver. She's a blue haired old woman, about 70, and obviously thinking about her doctor's appointment, not street racing. The light turned green and I pulled away normally. So did she, and I was three blocks ahead before I knew it. :D

OK, it's not a kill, but it was funny at the time. The Mustang GT looked great and it seemed a waste that so much muscle was being babied along by grandma. Have you noticed that probably half of the Mustangs you see on the road are driven by people who wouldn't dream of punching the throttle? That's not a BAD thing, just an example of how the Mustang is "mainstream" and the GTO is "unique."

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
FLORIT said:
I saw this Mustang in the commuting traffic and said to myself, "Too bad I'm not in the GTO." Anyway, we finally get side by side, first in line at a light, and I figure, "What the hell." I look over to the Mustang GT driver. She's a blue haired old woman, about 70, and obviously thinking about her doctor's appointment, not street racing. The light turned green and I pulled away normally. So did she, and I was three blocks ahead before I knew it. :D

OK, it's not a kill, but it was funny at the time. The Mustang GT looked great and it seemed a waste that so much muscle was being babied along by grandma. Have you noticed that probably half of the Mustangs you see on the road are driven by people who wouldn't dream of punching the throttle? That's not a BAD thing, just an example of how the Mustang is "mainstream" and the GTO is "unique."
HAHAA.........that is funny as hell......I am laughing my ass off.......It figures....yep thats how it is with the stangs now....I usually see some chick (no offense huntress and lilgto) who is more worried about yacking on the cell phone or doing make-up while driving.....I have never seen someone that old driving one.... :D :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i would have laughed if she turned to you, gave you a dirty look, told you that were number 1 and gave you a run for your money. now that would funny stuff

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
i would have laughed if she turned to you, gave you a dirty look, told you that were number 1 and gave you a run for your money. now that would funny stuff
If that had happened I think I would have fallen out of my chair on my @ss laughing

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
FLORIT said:

Well when ya sell something like 100,000 units per year, a few are going to end up in the hands of the non-enthusiast. The person I bought my car from was actually a middle-aged woman, so she obviously wouldn't race the car, which suited me fine, knowing that it wasn't beaten on or anything :D... now it's a different story ;).

I remember losing to an Olds Alero when I had my 1993 4-cyl Mustang. That was a sad sad day :(

Nice "kill" :thumbs:

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
HAHAA.........that is funny as hell......I am laughing my ass off.......It figures....yep thats how it is with the stangs now....I usually see some chick (no offense huntress and lilgto) who is more worried about yacking on the cell phone or doing make-up while driving.....I have never seen someone that old driving one.... :D :D
Age is in the eye of the beholder... I am sure someone has looked at me in my GTO and wondered why that Grandma is driving it :sneaky: :p ;)

Dbluegoat said:
If that had happened I think I would have fallen out of my chair on my @ss laughing
If that had happened I wonder if he would have been here talking about it.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Huntress said:
Age is in the eye of the beholder... I am sure someone has looked at me in my GTO and wondered why that Grandma is driving it :sneaky: :p ;)

Hey! I resemble those remarks! (Well, as a grandpa looking type anyway.) Must be the gray stache and goatee :D I'd a revved it and given the old girl a run for the roses... :D There's a little Gray Panther in all of us...LMAO :sneaky:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huntress said:
:) I promise to post kills and deaths. I'm not a sore loser. It WOULD have been funny if she had stomped it and left me in the dust. :)

Of course, it wouldn't have been funny if I were in the GTO. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts