LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first official "kill" happened today coming back to my office after lunch.

A month ago, I got killed by a Jeep Liberty while racing against it in my wife's Chevy Venture. A couple of weeks later I learned my lesson and used the goat on my next victim: a Kawasaki crotch rocket and I got spanked again. I either have a poor choice in weapons or a poor choice in enemies.

Well I was at a stoplight minding my own bizznezz listening to my Matchbox 20 CD when this brand spanking new white Chrysler Crosseyed, I mean Crossfire pulls up and wants a go at it. I was thinking WTF? 215 hp engine and you want to race? Probably an automatic too.

Went into battle mode. No I didn't feel like I had to turn off my A/C for more power this day. I even turned up the volume. Not that it got louder anyway considering we know how the distortion limiter has a mind of its own. Light turns green and he beat me to the launch. Definitely an automatic. I shift out of first like a grandmother on her way to a swap meet and got to second and pulling away like a Santa Fe locomotive. By the time I got to third he disappeared from view and when I hit fourth and approaching 75 mph, he was a speck in my rearview mirror. I have proven my point and slowed down and waited for him as he came up and waved at me and had the biggest grin in his life. I love it when I provide cheap entertainment to the adoring public.

I love the styling of the Crossfire. Definitely wins in the looks department. Just does not have the balls to hang with a murderous goat that had bloodlust in its eyes.

Yes, this was my first kill, although not much of a challenge. Those cars need at least 85 more horses behind the front grille. I am now officially a murderer. Give me a hug my fellow killers.

Back to the asylum inmates!...

:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

·
WOT's up?
559 Posts
The MSRP on the SRT-6 is a whopping $49,120! With $16,000 in mods, the GTO would definately be one 'wicked quick mutha!'

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
kbaba said:
The MSRP on the SRT-6 is a whopping $49,120! With $16,000 in mods, the GTO would definately be one 'wicked quick mutha!'
hey, chrysler have to have something in stable to compete with Chevy in the "really slow way, overly price, sort of a car/roadster" category

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know. I always chuckle when people compare other cars to the GTO, well what about this and what about that. Just like the 330 hp SRT-6 mentioned above.

Well La Di Freakin Da. Sure, the SRT-6 is one scary car. heck the hairs on the back of my neck are standing right now, and I am shivering at the thought of these monsters eating my goat alive.

But posters forget to mention one miniscule tiny little detail: price. We must have a lot of dot com millionaires here who thinks price is no object and don't even bother looking at the window sticker.

$49,210.00 you say? Well for that much money, not only do I expect the SRT-6 to humiliate every GTO out there, but I sure hope the heated leather seats make sweet love to me paying special attention to all my erogenous zones while doing so.

I have a better idea: I'll keep my 30K GTO, and put the $19,210.00 difference in my Vanguard Index 500 Mutual Fund portfolio. They can keep their SRT-6. A Chrysler.

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
desertgoat said:
I know. I always chuckle when people compare other cars to the GTO, well what about this and what about that. Just like the 330 hp SRT-6 mentioned above.

Well La Di Freakin Da. Sure, the SRT-6 is one scary car. heck the hairs on the back of my neck are standing right now, and I am shivering at the thought of these monsters eating my goat alive.

But posters forget to mention one miniscule tiny little detail: price. We must have a lot of dot com millionaires here who thinks price is no object and don't even bother looking at the window sticker.

$49,210.00 you say? Well for that much money, not only do I expect the SRT-6 to humiliate every GTO out there, but I sure hope the heated leather seats make sweet love to me paying special attention to all my erogenous zones while doing so.

I have a better idea: I'll keep my 30K GTO, and put the $19,210.00 difference in my Vanguard Index 500 Mutual Fund portfolio. They can keep their SRT-6. A Chrysler.

DG, who pissed in your Wheaties this am??

You're on a roll, bros. You been crackin' me up all day.

Keep it up.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I just said the race would be closer, I didn't say comapre prices. Hey I think the crossfire looks stupid, and I knew the price, just letting ya know.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I've had two people in two days tell me they thought the GTO was $50K, and they were shocked to hear $33K. It's a bargain car.

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
Nice Kill, DesertGoat, .. he must'a been CrossEye :shiner: when you finished him off!

Nice shot of your Silver Goat too .. Drive On, Bro! BBD :cool:

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BBD, my kills could not possible even come close to your adventures out there in Ventura. Your stories are too funny.

Shinzon, so you are a "kill virgin" huh? Don't worry, someday you too will be devirginized, and it will feel like prom night all over again.

LOLOLOL

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Shinzon said:
I am still looking for my first, kill virgin here.
In the South, we have a custom. When you kill your first deer, we smear your face with the deer's blood, and we cut out the back of your shirt if you miss. (Don't ask me why. Actually, when I killed my first deer, they smeared my face with blood AND cut out the back of my shirt. Maybe it was because I killed it on the first shot but missed on my follow-up shot, but anyway...)

So, go forth young man. We're looking forward to smearing your face with some Mustang blood. And if you lose, we're cutting out the back of your shirt. :)

Padre

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
FYI, once at WOT throttle, GM has a safety net in it's system that disengages the A/C compressor clutch temporarily until you close it. It won't help on launch as you have one more thing dragging on power, but once you 've got it floored, it's as if you hit the button to turn it off.

And who cares about what's coming out next year! Geez! He didn't line up against one of those. He lined up against what was on the road now....a V6! Just wait till '07 when the GTO comes with an aluminum block version of the 496 from the P/U's with 700hp and 700lbs-ft of torque! OH BOY!!! Geez. Quit bench/magazine racing!

·
8,959 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Just wait till '07 when the GTO comes with an aluminum block version of the 496 from the P/U's with 700hp and 700lbs-ft of torque!
Ummm. Why wait? :confused: ;)

OK, I might wait till September.* :)

Padre

*check the Mods Wish List thread.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Why wait? CMNT has a little cashflow problem at the moment. :D

BTW, the 496 was simply sarcasm to illustrate a point, I don't know if a Big Block version will ever be put into our cars.

·
8,959 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
BTW, the 496 was simply sarcasm to illustrate a point, I don't know if a Big Block version will ever be put into our cars.
Hehe. And that was my point. :) I'm not going to wait to find out. But I understand about the cash-flow thing.

That's why I'm waiting till September. :secret: :)

Padre

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Geez you guys can be mean :bomb:

My original post was this:
"wait for the 330 hp Crossfire SRT-6. "

That was in response to this:
"...Just does not have the balls to hang with a murderous goat that had bloodlust in its eyes...Yes, this was my first kill, although not much of a challenge. Those cars need at least 85 more horses behind the front grille. I am now officially a murderer. Give me a hug my fellow killers."

I wasn't bench/magazine racing!
So calm down CMNT, I didn't ask him to race the damn car.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I know, but wait until this, and wait until that. I wasn't trying to be mean, I like your inputs here personally, just that to me is bench/magazine racing.

I used to get that all the time on other boards where I would post a kill then get blasted for it. "Oh, you didn't pull up to a blown 500+ cube version of the car" or other absurd comments. No as a matter of fact I didn't, I pulled up next to the version I did and beat it. See what I mean?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts