LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
110% Stock... :D
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well for $45 and 5 hours of work (mostly time waiting for the stuff to dry) I say it was well worth it. Over all I am pleased how things turned out. I think it looks better than stock.

As far as the products I first put on 2 coats of Bulldog Adhesion Promoter. Waited 15 mins for it to dry after the second coat. Then I put on some Rust-Oleum gloss black plastic paint, just used as many coats as needed. Last was some Color Rite Clearcoat which I put on 2 coats as well.

Then after that I put on the vinyl overlays. I was in a hurry to do it since it was getting dark, they did not turn out as well as I hoped. They do look ok and I'm hope at least the big bubbles I couldn't get out come out in a few days. Finally the pics.

All pics are here... http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=12977704&uid=1612587&members=1

·
Not an official sponsor!
65 Posts
Looks good. Can't say I like the FRCs too much, but all in all looks good. I'm going to do the same thing on all my grills, but try and put a silver inlay around the middle grills....we'll see how it turns out.

·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
06PBM said:
Looks good. Can't say I like the FRCs too much, but all in all looks good. I'm going to do the same thing on all my grills, but try and put a silver inlay around the middle grills....we'll see how it turns out.
The silver was all beat up on the FRC's. On top of that they got dirty too fast. It was a last min idea to paint them black, it dosen't look bad IMO. It'll do till I get around to buying CF ones.

·
More Boost = More Fun!
1,461 Posts
Very nice Brett. I wish I was not so obsessed with power to spend more time cleaning up my cars look. Your cars overall look and attention to detail is show winning.

·
WUT?!?!?!?!?!
6,524 Posts
Lookin' good....

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
mooninitesunite said:
dude your license plate is kick ass!!1
ha lol i'll admit. took me a few second to get it. nice. i was gonna post it up but which one of you guys don't understand it?

·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
radarwz said:
Very nice Brett. I wish I was not so obsessed with power to spend more time cleaning up my cars look. Your cars overall look and attention to detail is show winning.
Thanks Mike, I wouldn't say show winning but I like to keep it clean lol. The car is pretty fast as it is... more than you need in a DD IMO. So I can afford to take some time and money to do other things to the car. I would prefer to have a well rounded car then a power monster. I really want to do a decent stereo in the car, but that's a lot of weight to add lol.

mooninitesunite said:
dude your license plate is kick ass!!1
Papa Smurf FTW!

People first started calling me smurf back in the day when I would dye my hair blue. Then with the blue car, blue interior and blue headers Todd from AZP&S named the car Smurf. So I just went with it but named it Papa Smurf :)

·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jontall said:
It looks great... (I think you should repaint the fuel rail covers too.)
I'll redo them flat black if the gloss is the problem. I already said why I painted them black. I will not do silver or another light color, they get dirty and beat up too quick.

·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1fstmach said:
should have prepped the covers more you can tell its spray paint

But nice none the less
I wasen't going for a perfect job, if so I would have had a shop do them. It was just something to do cuz I was bored :)

·
More Boost = More Fun!
1,461 Posts
Have you heard Bob's stereo in his new 06.? It's kick butt and he kept the factory head unit.

·
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
radarwz said:
Have you heard Bob's stereo in his new 06.? It's kick butt and he kept the factory head unit.
He has a 2006 now? Hmmmmm.

No I have not heard it. I was suppose to a long time ago when AZP&S had their grand opening. Though I never got around to it, I would like to hear it though since I'm kind of in the market for an aftermarket one.

·
~Shifting is Driving~
2,217 Posts
did you know you can get a GTO drivers side grill without the GTO in it??? I say this because I noticed you painted over it....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts