LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Quick interior shot, and no, my AFR isnt what it says on there, for some reason, the camera doesnt capture the full number. HAHA

·
Registered
691 Posts
looks good man!

·
Registered
260 Posts
they look a lot closer to the rack than my kooks but could just be the picture.looks good though.Did you paint your tube for your volant intake?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the steering knuckle is not even close to hitting. My pictures suck, so it just looks like it. Nothing hits, there is more than enough clearance in all the tight spots.

Yes, my Volant intake tube is painted, but Im re doing it. My cousing is going to do some air brushing on it. :turbonaug

·
Mclaren F1 LM
591 Posts
Looks sharp, I got my non-coated ones today, less than $300 shipped.I dropped them off today to get them jet-hot coated inside and out for about $250. When I get them back I have to get the muffler shop to fabricate me some mids with cats with an x or h pipe and I,ll be set.

My question is did you have to cut off that bolt someone was talking about on another thread?

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
damn they look good....pacesetters for me it shall be!

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
i was thinking the same thing as dakrat... thats a creative place for a guage to go, makes sense though.

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
he was the test car and went from the test pre-production units to production units , so the cutting of the 2 studds was done already

looks pretty sweet in there , and the red plugs stand out more now , lol

you soulda smoothed the intake pipe up more though , how long before you change the 2 colors on the lid ? lol

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, my cousin does automotive airbrushing, and he is going to air brush the intake pipe in a couple of weeks. He also wants to airbrush my intake manifold too. So it will look even better in a couple of weeks. :turbonaug

And yes, the volant lid will also get modded.:)

To those that asked about my AEM AFR gauge, yes, I just recently relocted my menu button. Its located in my arm rest

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not to be an ass, but it look's like pacesetter has bubble gum used for there weld's!

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
DBT said:
Not to be an ass, but it look's like pacesetter has bubble gum used for there weld's!
:drink: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
703 Posts
think the rubber dust cover will melt?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
hondatech said:
they look a lot closer to the rack than my kooks but could just be the picture.looks good though.Did you paint your tube for your volant intake?
they do look closer to the rack than any of the other headers

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
Lord Vador said:
No, the steering knuckle is not even close to hitting. My pictures suck, so it just looks like it. Nothing hits, there is more than enough clearance in all the tight spots.
Did you do the install yourself? If so, how involved was it? Anything special someone would need to know?

If you did not install the headers yourself, how long did it take just for the header install (I assume midpipes had to be fabricated and installed too)?

-K

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
LA_Phantom said:
Did you do the install yourself? If so, how involved was it? Anything special someone would need to know?

If you did not install the headers yourself, how long did it take just for the header install (I assume midpipes had to be fabricated and installed too)?

-K
pacesetter did the original install , then he installed the coated headers , and he already had the mid pipes from the original install

Chef Ron said:
think the rubber dust cover will melt?
he has had them on his for almost 2 months , last i saw it they looked as they do in the pics , no signs of melting

1 - 20 of 35 Posts