LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well went to the track tonight and something is not right. Best was 12.7 at 114mph with a 1.85 60 foot:notnice: . I've run .5 seconds better before the twin 65mm throttle body, 2.8 pulley was a 3.0 pulley, 4.10 gears and ET streets. I should be killing my previous best of 12.2 at 113mph with a 1.82 60 foot. Let me know what you all think, I'm trying to get on a dyno thursday. Oh and boost will not go past 11psi and I'm only sitting at 12 in.hg. at idle, this should be like 20 or 21 in. hg.

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
how was the weather? track prep?

·
14 Pound Boosted Farm Truck
581 Posts
Time to pull the plugs and do a compression test ,
does it feel like the engine is down on one or more cylinders ?

Do you have access to a differential leak down compression tester ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh noooo, I hope I haven't blown a head gasket or nothing like that. The car feels strong down low and the boost gets to 11 psi almost immediately after you floor it and the car runs smooth all the way to redline but it feels like it stops pinning you back in the seat kind of quick. It does fall on its face sometimes after I get back into it from shifting. The weather was nice and cool last night and the track prep was fine except I got into too much water my last run and blew the tires off at the line:soapbox: . With that said I could possibly have low compression and since this is the fastest car I've owned to date I can't really tell its down. My other GT blew a headgasket and it would barely start and stay running and when I would floor it it would fall on its face EVERYTIME. THis is streesful I need a drink:drink:

·
Electric or GTFO
452 Posts
60Cyclone05 said:
Oh noooo, I hope I haven't blown a head gasket or nothing like that. The car feels strong down low and the boost gets to 11 psi almost immediately after you floor it and the car runs smooth all the way to redline but it feels like it stops pinning you back in the seat kind of quick. It does fall on its face sometimes after I get back into it from shifting. The weather was nice and cool last night and the track prep was fine except I got into too much water my last run and blew the tires off at the line:soapbox: . With that said I could possibly have low compression and since this is the fastest car I've owned to date I can't really tell its down. My other GT blew a headgasket and it would barely start and stay running and when I would floor it it would fall on its face EVERYTIME. THis is streesful I need a drink:drink:
Check out www.buckeyestangs.com, you can probably find some suggestions there. You might want to check with Big Shot Dyno on the forum, his name is Keith and he had a 10 second 03 Cobra that I'm imagine would have had it's bugs here and there in the past with all the mods he's done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts