LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i made 6 passes all but 2 were shitty, maybe its because im a new M6 driver but i seem to have trouble launching at the track my best time was 13.884 @ 101.53 MPH .346 Reaction 2.173/ 60 ft i also ran a 13.988 @ 100.66 MPH with .452 reaction and a 2.204 60 ft, those were the best i did run a couple 14.2's and was dissapointed having trouble but it was a fun day i hope to go back sometime any Tips For launching at the Tree???

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
hey man,
you are running right at 13.9's. that is pretty good in my book. that is exactly where you should be according the magazines. i dont see any reason to be dissapointed, especially for a NEW M6 driver. some guys on the forum are running like 14.5's so be proud of your achievement and just keep practicing.

you probably wont get much quicker than that unless you start modding OR unless you learn how to do LIGHTNING QUICK SHIFTS. nikivee described his shifting as "jabbing at the clutch, then shift" if i remember correctly, he ran a 13.3
the only quicker time than that was SLP's 13.1 on a supposedly stock GTO. and i would love to see the condition of their tranny after a run like that.

·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i seen Nikivee's post i tried it lol didnt work out for me 14.6 missed 2nd maybe with time and mods low 13's.

·
3,327 Posts
Your worst time was better than my best time. Practice Practice Practice is what I have been told. We cant all be NickiVee: :hail:

p.s. He is going to start hating me soon....... :secret: But I actually do have a lot of respect for him. And he takes funny pictures.

·
Chief Poncho
3,032 Posts
Warren!!!! :D

Slip clutch quickly and apply throttle at the same time. Speed shift. It takes some practice. Keep the throttle to floor, jab at the clutch, and shift like a MOFO! :D Be careful on the 2-3 shift. It's easy to miss. Your times are good in my book for the first time down the track. The 04 will be going to the track in the next two weeks again to see If I can duplicate those times during the Summer.

·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys im going again in a couple weeks or so ill try something new. aquifina is good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts