LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to have these for my GTO. (Or something similar.) 18x9 and 18x8 would be perfect. Is there anything out there that looks like this?

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know but if anybody can find some 18's that fit the GTO and look similar to this I would love to know about it.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts

OZ Superleggeras. Available 18x8 and 18x9 with a 40mm offset and 5x120 that fits the GTO.

Lots of other brands have borrowed that styling. The BBSs have a lot of similar designs with close fitting offsets but are much more expensive.

Padre

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
I'd rather just have the car they are mounted on. ;)

The OZ wheels Padre has would be a fairly similar match. Not exact, but they are a good wheel and I believe they are forged and pretty light weight. Not sure about offsets, widths or lug patterns though.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Why don't we just find a 360 Modena and put that bad boy on cement blocks!!! Yeh, we may ned to redrill the wheels to fit but heck, it would be an adventure!

Doc

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The BBS phobos posted is excellent. But it doesn't look like our sizing is there.

The OZ Superleggeras is very close though. I would enjoy that wheel very much. Where can I order them in the correct sizing? (I prefer the BBS though.)

·
8,959 Posts
1COOLPC said:
The OZ Superleggeras is very close though. I would enjoy that wheel very much. Where can I order them in the correct sizing? (I prefer the BBS though.)
www.bigwheels.net is a great site for searching for wheels. They have BBS, OZ's, and TSW's (the TSW Kyalami is a similar style), among others. Look for anything 40mm+ offset, 5x120 bolt pattern. All three of those brands have rims that fit - 17's and 18's and some 19's. TSW's are cheapest (and they've got some other nice styles as well), OZ's are lightest, and BBS's are the most expensive.

Padre

·
Registered
571 Posts
My favorites!

ADRENALIN 3

Click for larger image.
18x7-12 - CALL
19x7-12 - CALL
3-piece modular wheel, custom built to order in various bolt patterns, back spacing, and offsets, call for more information

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will not put any wheels on my car that have a fake bolt ring or any fake bolts at all. That's just me but I don't like fake stuff. If the bolts are real then fine.

On the offset, I need a 40mm+ offset on both the front 18x8 and the rear 18x9? Same offset regardless of width?

·
8,959 Posts
1COOLPC said:
On the offset, I need a 40mm+ offset on both the front 18x8 and the rear 18x9? Same offset regardless of width?
The rear fenderwells may need rolling if you go 18x9, 40mm, and more than 245 tires. But rolling isn't too bad.

If you go 18x8 with 40mm+ all around, no problems.

Padre

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My fenders are already rolled for my current wheel/tire set up. I have 275 tires out back already on my Boyd Coddington wheels. (See sig.)

I want to run 18x8.5 38mm+ offset in back with 275 tires, 18x8 38mm+ with 245 tires up front. Will this fit and not rub with my already rolled fenders?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
miamio said:
My favorites!

ADRENALIN 3

Click for larger image.
18x7-12 - CALL
19x7-12 - CALL
3-piece modular wheel, custom built to order in various bolt patterns, back spacing, and offsets, call for more information
Those rock...And someplace I saw a set of those very similar to that...Oh I remember, it was on the 240SX -> S15 Silvia that Sport Compact Car has on their website right now. I really like those a lot. And they couldn't weigh much at all.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
1COOLPC said:
My fenders are already rolled for my current wheel/tire set up. I have 275 tires out back already on my Boyd Coddington wheels. (See sig.)

I want to run 18x8.5 38mm+ offset in back with 275 tires, 18x8 38mm+ with 245 tires up front. Will this fit and not rub with my already rolled fenders?
User miscreant posted this a while back - it's from the dealer side of Discount/America's/Tires.com and shows the offsets that they've apparently been able to fit. The ROH's that Speed Inc sells are a 51mm offset in 18x9 for the rear.

(image edited for size)

·
8,959 Posts
1COOLPC said:
275's with less than 40mm, even if the fenders are rolled, will still rub. But this is just from what I've seen in one case with a less than 40mm offset and 275's. so don't take my work for Gospel (at least in this cae ;) ).

Padre

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I see. Sure is hard to find 8.5 - 9" wheels to fit the back of the GTO. Thanks.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
1COOLPC, check this link out.

I'm not sure why BigWheels.net says that we can fit an 8.5 @ 38 on the back but they must know something that the Discount/etc. people don't.

This wheel's not exactly the same as on that Ferrari, but it's pretty close:

They also come in 18x8 @ 38 to supposedly fit the front.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts