1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
305 HP
328 lb-ft

M6, 900 miles on the odometer.

Not too shabby. Figuring 15% drivetrain loss, that's a shade over 350 HP and 385 lb-ft :D

It drops the air/fuel mixture just before 4,500 RPM so with just a little tuning of the computer, it will be doing more than this. Then come the mods once I form a plan. :thumbs:

I'll post a pic of the dyno graph as soon as I get home and resize it a little. If you really want to see it, it's posted in a thread about it over on DFWStangs.net: http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1653154#post1653154

·
Registered
524 Posts
derf said:
305 HP
328 lb-ft

Not too shabby. Figuring 15% drivetrain loss, that's a shade over 350 HP and 385 lb-ft :D

It drops the air/fuel mixture just before 4,500 RPM so with just a little tuning of the computer, it will be doing more than this. Then come the mods once I form a plan. :thumbs:

I'll post a pic of the dyno graph as soon as I get home and resize it a little. If you really want to see it, it's posted in a thread about it over on DFWStangs.net: http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1653154#post1653154
Most recent cars tuned for mileage are lean. Last I heard ( admit to being out of touch with current compouter and dyno numbers) best power generally comes at around 12.5 or so, which is just where it went. Lean it too much and you fry it if not careful. But this looks really good. Nice. :thumbs:

And as ususal, the uninformed and detractors. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
derf said:
305 HP
328 lb-ft

you have a nice car derf!
thanks for bringing it out to the shop and letting us dyno it!!!!! Sound pretty damn good for stock! :thumbs:

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bottle_Fed_Vette said:
you have a nice car derf!
thanks for bringing it out to the shop and letting us dyno it!!!!! Sound pretty damn good for stock! :thumbs:
I'm the one who should be thanking you guys. Awesome shop. I will be back. :D

It sounds great at WOT but idling around town it's very sedate. Just the way I like it. And it really is a sleeper.

If, for example, I was driving down 635 after leaving the shop and I happen to blow by not just one but two speed traps at a little over 80 MPH, the cops wouldn't come after me.

Not that I'd ever do that but that's what would happen if I did... ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
derf said:
I'm the one who should be thanking you guys. Awesome shop. I will be back. :D

It sounds great at WOT but idling around town it's very sedate. Just the way I like it. And it really is a sleeper.

If, for example, I was driving down 635 after leaving the shop and I happen to blow by not just one but two speed traps at a little over 80 MPH, the cops wouldn't come after me.

Not that I'd ever do that but that's what would happen if I did... ;)
now if that was me, i would have gotten a ticket! :eek:

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
derf said:
305 HP
328 lb-ft

How have you been breaking in the GTO? Are you running it hard alot, some of the time or never? Just curious. Nice numbers by the way.

:bubbrub

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iron_horse31 said:
How have you been breaking in the GTO? Are you running it hard alot, some of the time or never? Just curious. Nice numbers by the way.

:bubbrub
I drove it straight home from the dealer and have just been driving it since. Lots of longer drives, mixing it up and punching it here and there, now and again. Not continuously flogging it, not being too methodical, not babying it like the manual says. Just driving and having fun.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Sweet numbers :)

I'm getting pumped for my car :bubbrub

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
hada64 said:
Most recent cars tuned for mileage are lean. Last I heard ( admit to being out of touch with current compouter and dyno numbers) best power generally comes at around 12.5 or so, which is just where it went. Lean it too much and you fry it if not careful. But this looks really good. Nice. :thumbs:

And as ususal, the uninformed and detractors. :(
12.5 - 13.1:1 at WOT throttle on the LS1 is optimum. The reason for the range is for the variations in cars.

In 97 & 98, they ran 28lb/hr injectors so they naturally ran a little richer than the 99+ cars that had 26.5lb/hr injectors who you commonly see run leaner. ALthough I do believe I've read that the last few LS1 cars came with bigger injectors. But I can't verify that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts