LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dyno today. I was very happy with my stock tune runs(1st & 2nd runs) both had the P&P'ed Jantzer Throttle Body. 3rd run had the Predator tune and TB, I wasn't very happy with this run. The last run had the Pred tune and STOCK throttle body. As you can see it lost 6hp and 10ft/lbs over the P&P'ed TB

Overall I was thrilled with the stock numbers, not very happy with the Pred tune(Dyno don't lie) and Very happy with the P&P'ed TB(Again, dyno don't lie)

I'll be going back in a week or so to get a tune after my LT's are on.

Jason

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
It's kinda of hard to read, but it looks like the best run was with predator and
custom TB, which is run number 3. Is that right?
Yes it was the best run, but only 3hp and 4 ft/lds better than the stock tune and custom TB. $350 bucks for 3 hp :barf:

·
1,263 Posts
Skipped Tune

I am going to skip the predator tune all together and use the stock tune as a custome tune, then I can use the predator to modify that any way I want. I think it would be a much better starting point than the default predator tune.
The predator is uploading the stock tune as I am typing... all done!

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Once again another negative review of the predator.....similar results to mine in that it caused loss of power.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
All the reports I've read are negative on the predator when the car isn't stock. For a stock car it seems to help, but since most people (not me,yet) don't leave the car stock - TB, MAP,... then they shouldn't get it.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
It would have been nice to overlay the dyno charts. That way you could have seen what was lost or gained everywhere in the power band. Just looking at different points in the chart power was picked up in severl points that I noticed. This is obviously going to be the tune and noticed in the slightly leaner fuel curve. I wonder what the hicups were in the chart though. Oh, and as far as the 350 bucks for 3-4 hp is just a mailorder tune. It is however worth it's weight in gold as a tuning tool.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
mlc said:
All the reports I've read are negative on the predator when the car isn't stock. For a stock car it seems to help, but since most people (not me,yet) don't leave the car stock - TB, MAP,... then they shouldn't get it.
mlc I totally agree with you. By the way, I did some testing with the predator
today monitoring knock retard. All across the rpms including WOT I got
zero knock retard. I could not get it to register any knock. It just seems
weird, especially with that information from the other thread. ???

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jason,It was a pleasure helping you with your car today.You have a very nice car.I can't wait to see what long tubes and some better tuning does for your HP.
Thanks Terry. Glad to see you on the board. I'll be back soon.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
How long have we been saying that you can't get a perfect tune out of a box???

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
How long have we been saying that you can't get a perfect tune out of a box???
I got a perfect "G" over high "C" from my accordian last week.......oh sorry, wrong thread..........
:drink::drink:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Wrong box too. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts