LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the 5th annual C.A.R.S. show on Saturday. I was parked next to a 1968 GTO convertable, and close to a '64 convertable and a '64 hard top. People's choice went to the '58 Impala, and the overall top award went to the '38 (?) Ford with the Chevy Crate motor in it. There were 116 cars total, with trophys to the top 20. I was the first person to recieve a trophy, so I either got 20th, or 1st ? I prefer to think First, since I did get about the largest round of applause. :bubbrub :thumbs:

Photos can be viewed here: Yahoo Photos Just click on the album called C.A.R.S. show. CARS stands for College of Automotive Restoration, the only college in the nation that offers a degree in vehicle Restoration.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Congratulations!! My question is "while it seems everyone was appresciative of your car how did is classify as a restoration?"
:drink: :drink:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Cool stuff, Warren. I'd say to win a trophy at a show sponsored by College of Automotive Restoration is a definite kill!

You don't suppose it was the "Best Dog In Photo" trophy, do you? ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tails said:
Congratulations!! My question is "while it seems everyone was appresciative of your car how did is classify as a restoration?"
:drink: :drink:
I dont think it was a "restored car" show, just a car show. It just happened to be at the restoration college. I did have 4 coats of zaino on it, so it did look really good.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Warren said:
I dont think it was a "restored car" show, just a car show. It just happened to be at the restoration college. I did have 4 coats of zaino on it, so it did look really good.
Warren, I really liked the Studebakers. Where was the show at? I haven't been online much as I'm still trying to get all moved in. I had two kills this weekend. I was challenged by a 74 Cuda with a mod 340 and took him by a couple of car lengths. Next I took on my neighbors 69 Z-28 with a supercharged 454 and only got him by about 12 ft. That one can run. :eek:

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
40THGTO said:
Warren, I really liked the Studebakers. Where was the show at? I haven't been online much as I'm still trying to get all moved in. I had two kills this weekend. I was challenged by a 74 Cuda with a mod 340 and took him by a couple of car lengths. Next I took on my neighbors 69 Z-28 with a supercharged 454 and only got him by about 12 ft. That one can run. :eek:
It was in McPherson. Hope you get moved in soon, maybe you can make the Ames meet? I am planning on going to the Test and Tune in Great Bend on Friday night, just to see how I do. I havent had any real challenges yet, except for some ****y high school kid running around town in a '79 Chevy pickup talking smack. I told him to meet me there Friday. :) Funny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts