LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that I got you in here, it's really not that exciting:) :)

I just ordered the K&N drop in filter. My car has 9200 miles on it(DD) and I figured what the heck. Besides, with all the controversy regarding CAI kits for our cars, the drop in was only $46 to my door, so it's not a big gamble.

I also ordered some Mickey Thompson DR's going on stock 17's.

I plan to run the car with the new DR's this month. I will do a run with the stock filter and then with the K&N to see if there's any difference. Thing is I read that it takes the PCM 50 miles to correct for the new filter so maybe something good will happen.

Hopefully I'll get 200 passes in before the PCM works it's magic:) =50miles

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
Bout time Jumbo!:) I don't know how you've held out this long, even if it is a baby step:D

·
Registered
995 Posts
You could probably give your pcm 200 miles and it still won't make a difference! I keep hearing this also, but I drove my car for nearly 300 miles before I got it dyno'd at TSP with the CAI and the af ratio was still messed up because of the cai. CAI/filter's require tuning to get the hp out of them, without tuning you will see minimum results.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep. I figured that without a tune the results would be minimal.

I would just like to get a low 1.9 60' with this setup.

I do have my eyes on those ARH that Vette Doctors installs! Maybe that with a tune would make things interesting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts