LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent most of Saturday detailing, so I figured I'd take some pictures to prove it. Let me know what you think.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,663 Posts
Those are some great pics. Could be calander material :thumbs:

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
excellent pics. it is very obvious that you spend quite a bit of time detailing the black paint.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the first time I've ever used a clay bar, but it was very easy and takes off everything. My finish is so smooth right now! Then I use Zymol black paste wax - the stuff isn't cheap but is absolutely amazing.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Is "detailing" anything more than a thorough cleaning? I've always heard that term thrown around...Just curious.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
phobos512 said:
Is "detailing" anything more than a thorough cleaning? I've always heard that term thrown around...Just curious.
Well, I would think that using a clay bar and waxing would be more than just a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Using clay bar is definitely detailing in my book. I clay bar every car I have, especially when they are new. I was amazed how much crap was on the paint of a new car!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Great pics, I like the B&W one. Since you're in the neighborhood, why not a B&W pic of your car with an art deco backdrop for the calendar. :cool:

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
paco04 said:
Great pics, I like the B&W one. Since you're in the neighborhood, why not a B&W pic of your car with an art deco backdrop for the calendar. :cool:

Good idea. Unfortunately I think DY has pretty much wrapped up the calendar. I'll try get one down in South Beach though; maybe DY can use it next year.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have them all in high res...which one do you want? Give me an email address and I'll shoot them over to you.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will your email accounts accept large files (5MB?) I have them currently in high res (300 dpi) at 8x11 inches. I could scale down in order to save file size if you want. Let me know either way.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yeah I'm sure it would, its Outlook express and i'm on high speed cable.

My screen resolution is 1280x800 (15" widescreen HP laptop), if you have anything in that size or bigger, that'd be fine.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Silver Ecstasy said:
Yeah I'm sure it would, its Outlook express and i'm on high speed cable.

My screen resolution is 1280x800 (15" widescreen HP laptop), if you have anything in that size or bigger, that'd be fine.
Just emailed you both of them seperately. Let me know if you need me to make the one with the trains smaller.

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
Mine should except that size...im not sure if the maximum upload size is the same as what I can accept, but I can upload up to 15MB at a time.

-Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts