LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hoon of the Day
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went with City Goat and Budski to Englishtown last nite. Weather was about 60 degrees, 70% humidity. Weight of the car with me in it was 3960 lbs as per the track scale. Next time i'll have to take out the backseat and spare tire like City Goat.

The car is a 2004/A4 with a K&N CAI, Predator tune, Flowmaster cat-back, and 160 thermostat running on BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDW 245/45/17. Unfortunately one of my valve caps was frozen on, so I couldn't lower my tire pressure. All these runs were done with 32 psi in the rears. The car was set up exactly as it is everyday. I'm car number 120, in the right lane on all three runs.

I was nervous as hell and on my first run, the turboed civic I was lined up with blew up at about the 60 ft. mark. I was only expecting to be running 14.2-14.0 and was definately surprised by my 13.8. I let off the gas a little to early (still nervous) hence the shitty mph of 97

My second run was the best, no spin off the line and I finally got to race City Goat. I couldn't beleive my eyes when I got the timeslip, I never thought I'd be running a 13.6 on my first time out.

My 3rd run, City Goat beat me off the line, (my reaction times suck) and I had a hard time catching up. Still a good time and mph though.

Overall I think I did pretty good for my first time, especially with only minor mods. Any comments or suggestions are always welcome.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
Dude congrats again on the 13.6, I think that's a great time considering your car and our first time on the track...lose some tire pressure and the spare and def. can see low 13's after some practice.

But yeah last night was fun as hell. I couldn't believe that turbo on the green civic blowing up, I'd shit my pants thinking "oh no what'd I do!"

Our last race was def. a good time - can't wait to see the video :D I'm pleased with the 14.1 for being basically bone stock and my first time out.

I can't wait to go again. :thumbs:

Now let's set aside a nice day to drive around Oceanside...."practicing" :secret: :D

·
Ahhh have the need fer speed.
2,271 Posts
Congrats dudeeeeee, I don't have a clue what my beast would do, I wonder though..? Mine weighs in 1000 lbs more, plus I'm like 200 lbs more then Ryan, can I have a head start? hehehe

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
FastMoFoGTO said:
Congrats dudeeeeee, I don't have a clue what my beast would do, I wonder though..? Mine weighs in 1000 lbs more, plus I'm like 200 lbs more then Ryan, can I have a head start? hehehe
Come with us next time we go! :D

·
What A Rush..
916 Posts
dang.. my best run with K&N CAI and mini-tune was 13.73 @ 101. You have a strong car. I am running the Corsa's now and drag radials and hope to have something like you ran this Saturday. The Fuddle TC get installed on the 23rd so then it's time to shoot for low 13's.

Seems like tree practice and some drag radials and you will be cutting some great times. Good job bud. :burnout:

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Very nice times for a virgin. alot better than mine.
Chuch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts