LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made it up to NED in Epping NH today. Ran consistant, the DR's worked really well. The drag bags made a huge deal with squat, and traction. I have never taken this car, nor drag raced any car before. I had a blast. Check out my time slips. I made them big to see it clearly.

My only performance mods are 05' Kooks headers with offroad pipes, 05' Corsa cat back, and a FAST 78mm throttle body.

I took the first two races. The third, I lost to a 12.5 sec. Neon SRT-4. He had full slicks, and alot of boost.

I bogged my first two runs, and decided to launch at 2,200 rpm's the last run. I also hit the rev limiter on the first run.

I got the right lane the first run, and left on second and third.

Check out the video. Sorry for the quality. Tough to edit this thing. New program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR06B2ZfAw0

·
10 Second N/A Club
5,542 Posts
Black Devil said:
I finally made it up to NED in Epping NH today. Ran consistant, the DR's worked really well. The drag bags made a huge deal with squat, and traction. I have never taken this car, nor drag raced any car before. I had a blast. Check out my time slips. I made them big to see it clearly.

My only performance mods are 05' Kooks headers with offroad pipes, 05' Corsa cat back, and a FAST 78mm throttle body.

I took the first two races. The third, I lost to a 12.5 sec. Neon SRT-4. He had full slicks, and alot of boost.

I bogged my first two runs, and decided to launch at 2,200 rpm's the last run. I also hit the rev limiter on the first run.

I got the right lane the first run, and left on second and third.

Check out the video. Sorry for the quality. Tough to edit this thing. New program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR06B2ZfAw0

Glad to see you finally got out there !

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took too long. But, had a blast. I'll catch up to you at some point.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,594 Posts
Right on Kurt... very good runs. Was great meeting/seeing you guys. This was my 1st time up to NED with the goat, too. Just have a Predator tune. I only got 2 runs in before I had to leave, but here they are: (sorry no scanner)

------------ 1st ----------- 2nd
R/T ---------- .442 ---------- .342
60 ---------- 2.176 ---------- 2.252
1/8 ---------- 8.796 ---------- 8.011
MPH ---------- 82.85 ---------- 82.18
1/4 ---------- 13.567 ---------- 3.790
MPH ---------- 100.97 ---------- 104.63

1st run, NAILED the launch...no spin, just grabbed. I hit the rev limiter for a tick or two on the 1-2 shift, and then totally missed 4th gear 2 or 3 times! Auugh. Hence the low top end. (BTW, LOVE your GMM shifter!)

2nd run, I practically stalled off the line, just screwed up the damn takeoff... bogged until the revs built back up. Then, PERFECT. Hit every shift just before redline (thanks GTPprix!!) and just pulled hard, after the bog.

I guess if I can put it all together in one run, I might see 13.35-ish. I'll be back to NED next Friday. Get more runs in that way, and a little cooler at night.

13.5 for my 1st run ever in the GTO, I'll take that.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try using your stock rear 17's on your next run. I think those 19's could be giving you a hard time with tracktion, and feel on the take off. Still, you had some good runs. The other 05', and 06's had low 14 second runs. My second run was against Morty in his 06'. He still had some clutch problems though.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,594 Posts
Believe it or not, the rear 19" Drift R's with 275 Toyo sneakers weigh exactly the same as my stock 17's and tires. The front 245's weigh LESS than the stock rims and tires. A big reason I went with the ROHs... aside from the fact that I love the way they make the car look...

Oh, and I had zero traction probs! No spin at all on the 1st pass... launched hard right off the line. I just missed the takeoff on the 2nd pass...not enough loud pedal, and the tires hooked up again, so no quick revs.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Kurt,

I have some old Nitto Drag Radials on the stock wheels if you want to borrow them. Dab on some "Track Claw" and they should be good. They also need to be HOT to bite but it'll help the 60 and 330 a lot...

Ed

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had Nitto's on it. The track was really sticky. They had an IHRA race last week. There was alot of rubber on that track.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ihope I enjoy my next time too. Maybe 13.6?? I need to work on my reaction times, and rpm's at launch.

Thanks Smity. Your's aren't so bad either. :secret:

·
Registered
441 Posts
was a good time. I need to get my launch dialed in with the new clutch and DR's

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
all i know is that i can launch a buttload harder(and im gonna keep saying this until i do, so get used to it:bootyshak) but this is all a learning experience for me, and i had a blast:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts