LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of looking at the gap in the front bumper. Most of you are familiar with what I’m talking about, the bracket breaks that hold the ends of the headlight in tight where it joins the fender under the headlight. That part that breaks is plastic welded in the bumper and isn’t replaceable (from what I’ve seen). So I decided to make some aluminum repair brackets. The wire tie mod isn’t my style. So here’s what I did. No more gap.

Gapless.

·
Registered
738 Posts
U lift bruh?!?

Very random but I noticed you have an affinity for fitness, no homo or troll might I add, but I’ve been stoked about hitting a 245 flat bench PR the other day. I don’t bench much due to weak wrists and shoulder but I tried for giggles a few weeks back and threw up 225. Decided to set a goal of 3 plates within a year with just a regular regimen.

Nice mod btw

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
U lift bruh?!?

Very random but I noticed you have an affinity for fitness, no homo or troll might I add, but I’ve been stoked about hitting a 245 flat bench PR the other day. I don’t bench much due to weak wrists and shoulder but I tried for giggles a few weeks back and threw up 225. Decided to set a goal of 3 plates within a year with just a regular regimen.

Nice mod btw
Yes. (That bar, my kids use it...I rarely work out at home here lately) I work out 4-5 days a week, most of the time, twice a day. Most benching I do is 225 for 15+ reps. I did do 315 for three reps but I don’t try and do heavy that much anymore. I’ve figured out that if I go slow, control it and squeeze at the end of the range, it works pretty well. Also figured out don’t cheat myself on partial range movements unless I’m trying to focus on something in particular. And I work legs with every workout. That had sped my metabolism up like crazy. I eat like total crap (everything I want) and my veins are starting to pop pretty good. More than they ever have in my whole life.

Thx btw.

·
Registered
738 Posts
U lift bruh?!?

Nice mod btw
Yes. (That bar, my kids use it...I rarely work out at home here lately) I work out 4-5 days a week, most of the time, twice a day. Most benching I do is 225 for 15+ reps. I did do 315 for three reps but I don’t try and do heavy that much anymore. I’ve figured out that if I go slow, control it and squeeze at the end of the range, it works pretty well. Also figured out don’t cheat myself on partial range movements unless I’m trying to focus on something in particular. And I work legs with every workout. That had sped my metabolism up like crazy. I eat like total crap (everything I want) and my veins are starting to pop pretty good. More than they ever have in my whole life.

Thx btw.
Cool beans. I stay in the gym(at least 5 days/wk)with mostly full body workouts to burn off the crap I’ve consumed throughout the day, might go here in a few actually. Start off with a 2 mile run to maintain the cardio then hit the weights for a bit. Never had a goal besides not getting fat until I hit that PR recently. Best prior was 225 in HS and now 20 yrs later at it again.

#notdadbod

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that plastic that it's screwed into strong enough that it won't crack/break when you pop the bumper back off?
I’d say it is. I’ve pulled the bumper 3 or more times since I did this. I did this a few weeks ago and just remembered to post pics for you guys yesterday.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just so you guys know, you have to grind a little on your plastic bracket that snaps into the fender. Those brackets are still available in case you ever want to change them but the little grinding you have to do will not affect anything if you ever change numbers to one without broken tabs. I’ll post pics of what needs to be grinded, maybe Sunday. And I’ll make you guys some brackets. I’m out of town till Sunday.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’d take a set of those as well if your interested in making/ selling them.....please and thanks for the post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just so you guys know, you have to grind a little on your plastic bracket that snaps into the fender. Those brackets are still available in case you ever want to change them but the little grinding you have to do will not affect anything if you ever change numbers to one without broken tabs. I’ll post pics of what needs to be grinded, maybe Sunday. And I’ll make you guys some brackets. I’m out of town till Sunday.
You are awesome

·
Registered
91 Posts
So the aluminum bracket is the new female slot (the piece that breaks) for the plastic male tab? Yes, more pics would be extremely helpful.
I tried the tie wrap trick to no avail. I need something better to close up that seam.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the aluminum bracket is the new female slot (the piece that breaks) for the plastic male tab? Yes, more pics would be extremely helpful.
I tried the tie wrap trick to no avail. I need something better to close up that seam.
Thanks.
Yes it takes the place of the little “bar” of plastic that breaks off.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’d take a set of those as well if your interested in making/ selling them.....please and thanks for the post.
Ok. I’ll see how much time I have Sunday to make a few sets.

·
wHaT a LoVeLy DaY!
934 Posts
Ok. I’ll see how much time I have Sunday to make a few sets.

Dude, this is awesome! I’ll take some!

Also, sell the plans to like gtog8.com or something. Every goat owner will want some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
20 Participants
gixxer711
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing