LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ok, I didnt foresee so many people wanting these. Actually didnt post them with that intent. But I would like to help out my fellow GTO brethren...because that bumper gap really bothers me....as I know it bothers you guys. I want to be up front, I can make these brackets for you, but you will need to trim the plastic brackets on the fenders with a dremel or a razor knife. You may also have to do some slight bending of the bracket and maybe a little filing on it. If you arent up to a little tinkering with it, its may not be for you as its not a 100% direct bolt on. But its the only good alternative to buying a new bumper or using wire ties. You will also have to drill three small holes...the brackets will have holes and you use those as a template.

For those of you still interested, message me your email. It will take me a couiple weeks to get them done. I didnt get to yesterday because i didnt have time and got home from my trip too late.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,791 Posts
First useful thread on here in years... Thanks. I may be asking for one if I fail at making it myself.

·
Registered
655 Posts
First useful thread on here in years... Thanks. I may be asking for one if I fail at making it myself.
That's a bit of a swipe to everyone that's been so useful here.

I know I learn something new here almost every week, and I've been coming here for years. Maybe someone of us just read more than you do.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks fellas. I won’t have a chance to make these until next weekend. I’m having an estate sale at my house this weekend because my grandmother passed away. I’m gonna have to sort through this thread and figure out what is what.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for sharing this information. I would agree that this is and will be one of the most helpful posts I’ve seen.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I responded to all messages (hopefully). I only have three email addresses so far, so make sure you include that.

I’m pretty surprised how many people want these brackets. Someone should have done this a long time ago. I never intended to make them for people, but my personality is the type where I like to help people and I have a hard time saying no when someone needs help with something.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I responded to all messages (hopefully). I only have three email addresses so far, so make sure you include that.

I’m pretty surprised how many people want these brackets. Someone should have done this a long time ago. I never intended to make them for people, but my personality is the type where I like to help people and I have a hard time saying no when someone needs help with something.
Much appreciated Kfx! This kind of fab work is really neat, knowledge sharing and helping others still enjoy their cars is awesome. Thanks! 😊

·
dat rumble tho
106 Posts
sorry to hear about your grandmother. next in line for a set, please

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
sorry to hear about your grandmother. next in line for a set, please
Thx.

I’ve been trying to get some thing finalized with her stuff. Trying to fix the fuel starvation issue in my car. And do a bunch of honey do’s around the house. So I haven’t had a chance just yet. My plans are, this weekend if I can, I’ll pull my bumper and copy my brackets and take pics of the area that needs clearancing. Once I make a master set I can copy them as time permits. And I’ll start letting you guys know.

·
I deserve to be BLOWN!!!
1,479 Posts
Outstanding work, kfx!

Thank you for sharing. I never really thought about mine. It was like that when I bought it and it's always stuck our a good 3/16" or so. My bumper's coming off soon for the next round of shitt I have to do for my turbo's, I'll definitely be doing this little trick.

Awesome!
It's nice to see there's still helpful people on the site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I definately need to make one of these. I got tons of ABS lying around I can heat form that since I don't have any alumi brackets lying around.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Fellas, i have to pull my bumper sunday because i'm bringing to have it professionally repainted. I'm removing the brackets before dropping off so i can copy them and start making some. Just giving you guys an update.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
20 Participants
gixxer711
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing