LS1GTO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I wanted to update. I keep getting pm’s from people checking with me. Sorry I didn’t keep you guys updated. Things haven’t been going my way lately. My paint guy called last week and pushed back my bumper painting another week. I hadn’t pulled it off by then so it’s still on the car. I’m checking with him tomorrow because if it’s a go then I’m pulling it off and taking the turbo stuff off so I can ceramic coat all the pipes. I’ll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for being patient.

·
Registered
326 Posts
@Kfxguy asked me to post this for him.

Yea things haven’t been going my way here lately. I was supposed to bring the bumper to the paint shop last weekend but he called and said wait another week because he’s back logged. I hadn’t pulled the bumper yet. I need to update my thread and keep everyone posted. If you would, post this in my thread. I don’t even have time to go to it right now. I’m running out the door for a birthday dinner for my son.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
The plan (again) was to pull the bumper off the car this weekend. I had to end up driving the car all this week because my truck is down till parts come in. I bought some 2" drop shackles about 1.5 years ago when I bought the truck new. Well I hauled a 4 wheeler in the bed of the truck a few days ago. Since then its been making a god awful squeaking noise like something in the bed of my truck is coming apart. Well it is. The bushing in the driver side drop shackle completely fell apart causing the shackle to move up and rub on the underside of the bed. To keep from damaging anything any further, I'm "forced" to drive my car. Sorry guys, I know you've been waiting for a while and honestly my intention was never to get involved in making/selling these things as life is quite jammed up for me at the moment. The exact reason why I've not taken any $$ from anyone. So please bare with me and I'll get the bumper pulled at my first chance.

Also. The plan for this past weekend was to pull the bumper and turbo stuff off the car. It was 99f degrees sunday and man I did not want to be in that heat! I worked in my air conditioned shop most of the day, because hey...i'm a wuss when it comes to heat! Too bad I dont have room for my car lol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Get to it when you can.

Reactions: NEXVCTM

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Wanted to revive this I'm interested
sorry to have let you guys down. I had to pull the engine and trans out the car. And build a new engine.Ceramic coat and wrap my hot side. Ceramic coat my turbo. I just haven’t had the extra time yet to take care of this for you guys. I really need to. I have all of your email addresses. I’ll start emailing you guys tomorrow To confirm who still wants a set. If you haven’t heard from me by Sunday, message me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I ordered some new oem foglights, so when I put those in, I'll have the bumper off. I can take more pics if need be if anyone wants to do this.
Nice work. I've had mine off a half dozen times and been (so far) lucky. Going to do it again in the near future, head lights and spruce up some grill work. You don't have to pull the cover for fogs if that's what you mean?

·
Registered
326 Posts
@Kfxguy Bumping this thread as a friendly reminder. 😉

I do have the zip ties on right now but would like a more permanent solution where I can take the bumper off whenever I need to.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I’ve been trying to get around to it. I haven’t taken the bumper off yet to get it painted. That may happen tomorrow. My son bought a new bumper for his car and my buddy is gonna paint it for him and I’m gonna bring mine at the same time to have it painted too. Sorry it’s taking so long.

·
Registered
326 Posts
No problem. We're all busy. Just don't want you to forget about us! 👍

Man I wish I had a friend that could paint.

·
Registered
2004 M6 PMB
310 Posts
How thick is the metal did you make the bracket from ?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
.05 would be barely over a mm. that cant be right. maybe 1/8?
I'll measure this evening.......I still have the sheet i cut them from.

·
powerplantmech
220 Posts
Would you be so kind as to add me to the list of those that would like a set. My car is a the body shop as we speak. Carrie(as my wife calls her) got backed into by an 18 year old girl. One good scrape on the SAP lower but of course everything shifted. Once the bumper came off as well as the clear bra more damage was found. Broken clips and a fine crack in the SAP. Insurance estimated it at 985 before it came apart. Including new clear bra, it's sure to be over 2500. It sucks but what can you do. Just hope to have it inside before we get accumulating snow and salt on the roads. NE is a bitch lol.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ever get a chance to measure? Good winter project for me before I get front resprayed.
man I suck. When i got off work i was so beat, all I wanted to do was lay out on my living room floor. I dozed off till the wife started yelling at me. I do have to pull the bumper off this evening, maybe I'll remember then.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts