LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "Freaking" Fuel Rail Covers thread (56K death)

Well, DY had troubles with his Wheels, so I figured that I would title the thread similar to his.

When I saw DY's fuel rail covers, I wanted something like what he had. So I took his part number (in the {sticky} part number section in LS1/LS engine tech forum) and ordered myself a second set when I found out my window tint guy could do coustom paint jobs. Took my dealer a week to get one of them in, and another two weeks before the second one showed up. :rolleyes:

So I get them to the window tint guy, and he orders the paint. But at this time it is harvest, so he is delayed on starting on them. :eek2:

He finally gets to them about a month later. Has parts of them sanded down and ready for the paint, but his race car gets mangled. Cattle at his Dad's ranch get out and he has to rebuild fence. 3 weeks later, he gets the first coat on and ready for the sanding and airbrush work, but he is going on vacation. :banghead:

They should be done when I get back up here for work this week, so on Tuesday I try to call him. :-off the NO answer at all. None. Just a voicemail. I finally get ahold of him on Thursday, and he has been driving truck since he got back from vacation, but plans on working on them on Friday night. :bomb:

Called him this morning, and wow. He answers. He stayed up until 3 this morning getting them done. wow. He has to shower, but "meet me here in about 45 minutes". Wow.

When I get there, I inspect them. :bubbrub :thumbs: But there are some runs in the clear coat and a couple of bugs have landed in them. Minor flaws, I know, and you can hardly see them, but the guy is a perfectionist. He really wanted for me to wait to take them, but he had several things to do this week. I said to him that we will let him fix all the stuff later, I just want the damn things now. We will get them all fixed and perfect when he has more time later this fall. For now... :bubbrub :bubbrub :pimp:

Ill reply with the pics attached here in the next thread...

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
You be the :judge:
(hold on, new sizes coming)

Actually, they are better when you just click on them, now that I look at it. The compression killed me, and I dont want to kill any of the detail. (Sorry)

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
sierra5235 said:
Can you resize the pics? Too big for the screen.
Yeah, after looking at them, they are too huge. Ill get to working on that.

Like I said before, too detailed to cut down further. For those that dont like to click, here is a cut down version:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
They look good Warren

What program are you using to resize? You should be able to get better detail than that on a pic that large. For simple stuff such as re-sizing for the web I use ACDSee. It is easy and works well. I Photoshop the important stuff.

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was using photoshop, but I still do not know how to use it that well. I hate to have to start a new program to try to learn it all over again.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Hey Warren mind if I ask how much he charged you and do you think he would be interested in doing a set in impulse blue?

Those look AWESOME :cool: :hail:

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Dbluegoat said:
Hey Warren mind if I ask how much he charged you and do you think he would be interested in doing a set in impulse blue?

Those look AWESOME :cool: :hail:
He does not mind doing any more, but they are NOT cheap. And I hope that you read how long it took for me to get them.

$400 and I bought the cores, so I have close to 500 in these. Even for that price, he wanted to make them perfect, and will. The main reason for the price is in the details. I hope to get the high-rez pics hosted soon, because the granite and the burnished 'GTO' look awesome in person. They match the BMR strut brace perfect too. About the only thing that looks out of place now is the CAR Motorsports underhood insulator. It is a little too bright of a yellow when you are far away, but it looks good when you are up close. I just was fed up with not having them after telling several people "yeah, they will be up sometime this week".

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Warren said:
He does not mind doing any more, but they are NOT cheap. And I hope that you read how long it took for me to get them.

$400 and I bought the cores, so I have close to 500 in these. Even for that price, he wanted to make them perfect, and will. The main reason for the price is in the details. I hope to get the high-rez pics hosted soon, because the granite and the burnished 'GTO' look awesome in person. They match the BMR strut brace perfect too. About the only thing that looks out of place now is the CAR Motorsports underhood insulator. It is a little too bright of a yellow when you are far away, but it looks good when you are up close. I just was fed up with not having them after telling several people "yeah, they will be up sometime this week".
The price is not too bad.......yeah I was thinking about the wait.....Gee maybe I could get them back by xmas...let me think on it

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Warren said:
I was using photoshop, but I still do not know how to use it that well. I hate to have to start a new program to try to learn it all over again.
When resizing the image in photoshop, make sure the box for resampling image is not checked. Then the pixel count will increase as the photo gets smaller. then when you save as a jpg, use the quality selector to adjust the file size.

·
Resident Sheriff
4,691 Posts
Warren that is an awesome looking engine bay.

·
Got V8
241 Posts
sxty8goats said:
When resizing the image in photoshop, make sure the box for resampling image is not checked. Then the pixel count will increase as the photo gets smaller. then when you save as a jpg, use the quality selector to adjust the file size
I just use MS Paint,lol. Its just to dam easy.

EDIT: BTW Engine bay looks very nice, good idea painting the covers.

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dbluegoat said:
The price is not too bad.......yeah I was thinking about the wait.....Gee maybe I could get them back by xmas...let me think on it
Ok, let me know. He should have more time to do the work once the fall harvest is over, so you would probably get them back before Christmas, maybe.
Red Devil said:
Warren that is an awesome looking engine bay.
Thanks, I sure think it is :D

·
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, I put them up on my Yahoo photo's site. You can see all the pics here:

FRC (hit slideshow)

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
now you just have to come to a midwest meet and put your car next to DYs. lets see who can take the gold.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts