LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waited awhile to post this until all was said and done. This is nothing against ROH or anything, it was just a learning curve that we had to go thru.

Ordered ROH wheels shortly after picking up my car. Waited for Howie to get some measurments and testing. Finalized order. Received the wheels sometime around very early April (approx). Mounted BFG 275/35/18 gForce Drag Radials on the back 18x9 wheels and the front tires. Put them on the same day. Went around the block and shreded the drag radials. Waited awhile for some more testing and double checking on the wheels. Came down to cutting the fender lips and the inner plastic of the fenders and alot of playing around from my body shop friend. Had new rear drag radials mounted and got them back, one wheel came back with a circular mark on the wheel face like from the balancer machine. Their balancer cup did not line up so I cant 100% blame them.

I got home at 1am last night from mounting these things and I took pictures in a parking lot at 1am. Now everyone compliment them!

www.ls1gto.com/mygto/DSC01379.jpg

www.ls1gto.com/mygto/DSC01381.jpg

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Your wheels look great, but your story is scary. I have the same size wheels coming (from Intro) and after waiting all this time, I'll have a cow if the tires are rubbing once I get them on. I'll be sure the tire guys are very careful when the do this.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
:bubbrub Great Wheels and Tires :bubbrub

Okay, now that the obligation is complete ;) they really look good. Some day I may get something like that but right now the money is already allocated.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Looks good - sorry you had all those problems.
Dan

·
Disaster
339 Posts
not that everyone else's look bad, IMHO but I think this is the best set up I have seen yet. Looks awesome :thumbs: Need more pics though :D

BTW...if you dont mind me asking, how much$?

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Retail prices are......

$2699 for the wheels
$750-ish for the tires

I am not a baller, most of that was from my tax return.

First wheels that I really loved 100%. Too bad they make the brakes look puney.

I will get more pics up in the next few days.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Retail prices are......

$2699 for the wheels
$750-ish for the tires

I am not a baller, most of that was from my tax return.

First wheels that I really loved 100%. Too bad they make the brakes look puney.

I will get more pics up in the next few days.

thats a pretty reasonable price for good rims, compared to some of the others ive seen on the forum. are they chrome. or high polish.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Looks sweet, Some reflection of stock but much nicer. Nice job.
Love the BFG's

1 - 20 of 56 Posts